players comments after the game

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

''We didn't come with that fight today,'' said Ole Miss forward M.J. Rhett, who finished with 12 points. ''We just didn't come prepared today - none of us.''

Ole Miss scored 62 points in the second half Tuesday night, boarded a flight to Jacksonville, got to bed about 5 a.m. Wednesday and spent the next 30 hours playing catch-up.

''We can't use that as an excuse,'' Summers said. ''We put ourselves in this situation and we just had to bounce back, and we didn't make it happen

"It's difficult because they were getting a lot of scoring in the low post from the big guy, and then whenever we tried to double-team him -- he's got a good IQ for the game -- and he was just passing out to the guards, and they were making shots," Summers said.

"It was a tough afternoon for us, but I'm really proud of our group for getting to the NCAA Tournament and advancing in the NCAA Tournament," head coach Andy Kennedy said. "We certainly did not play well, and all the credit goes to Xavier They were in complete control of tempo from the start, and we were never able to wrestle it away from them."

"We just really struggled shooting the ball all night," Kennedy said. "They played that 1-3-1 zone about 10 percent of the time to this point of the season, and they stayed for the 1-3-1 for really the entire game, and it did its job. What's ironic is our 1-3-1 is the reason we're in the NCAA Tournament, and their 1-3-1 zone is the reason we're going home."

"BYU had a larger lead than Xavier did, and I mean, we just didn't impose our will today," Rhett said. "LCoach always talks about our three keys -- energy, toughness and focus -- and we didn't come with any of those today."

"We were trying to make a little run there at the end, before the wind came out of our sails," Kennedy said. "They were up 10, and Coleby had it in the short corner, and if we score there and get it to seven or eight, but we throw it away, and it leads to an and-one on the other end."
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

''We didn't come with that fight today,'' said Ole Miss forward M.J. Rhett, who finished with 12 points. ''We just didn't come prepared today - none of us.''
''We just didn't come prepared today - none of us.''

Common theme in the Kennedy era.
texasrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

And it's not going to get any better.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

OK so the loss is disappointing. But I am glad for these players that they made it to the tournament.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

here is a tweet from RHETT:

"WE fell short today! but becoming a REBEL was one of the best things that ever happen to me. I thank everyone" # Hotty Toddy"
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm going to miss Rhett! He played well!
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:OK so the loss is disappointing. But I am glad for these players that they made it to the tournament.
I agree. This team did much better than any of the experts expected.
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:here is a tweet from RHETT:

"WE fell short today! but becoming a REBEL was one of the best things that ever happen to me. I thank everyone" # Hotty Toddy"
I hate to see Rhett go. He played with passion and w as very well spoken with the press. I hope CAK Can find a great replacement.

It is great that we have Moody back. Hope CAK can get some great replacements for Snoop and Summers.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

14zrebs wrote:
1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:OK so the loss is disappointing. But I am glad for these players that they made it to the tournament.
I agree. This team did much better than any of the experts expected.
Yeah, the experts expected us to lose to Xavier by 2 points

We lost by 19 pts #OverAchievers
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

No experts expected us to make the Dance at the beginning of the season. CAK did a great job.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I know I can be a real smartass. It is was a fair season.
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

proud2breb wrote:I know I can be a real smartass. It is was a fair season.
I'd say an surprisingly good season.