So..

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:01 am Glad all this is coming out. Hopefully it will give us a better chance at winning, if we don't have to go up against AAU coaches and shoe companies. All of this is what I've been yelling about for the last few years, while defending our basketball program. Now yall can see how uneven it's been for us. We are a Nike school, and they never did squat for us. Guess we just weren't big enough for them to waste their time on. Maybe now we won't lose the Johnny O'Bryants of the world. Players we thought we had, only to lose in the last moments. Lord only knows how far this will go. It better go far enough to get state. I want them to burn.
Nobody is denying this and this isn't really a shock.

The point I've been trying to make is that we've had teams good enough to make the tourney and haven't. That's not on the shoe company. Kids not on the team can't win/lose games.

I get that this is a disadvantage. But, if you AK is shocked about all of this, you're crazy. So, like I've said for years, stop making excuses and overcome the obstacle. Never said it wasn't an obstacle. But, if we aren't going to participate, at some point it has to stop being an excuse.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We've had a couple of teams that deserved to go but didn't. We got screwed by no invite. If our SORRY administration would keep it's crap out of our program, and ACTUALLY supported it, things could go easier. Have always said Andy deserves the chance to coach at the new place. He proved that right by signing the #16 class in the country. He can and will bring our program up if he can get just a little support. Thanks to Hunter Carpenter, that may not happen. And don't know why u wonder if all this is a shock to me, since I've been YELLING about this for years. But Andy has already proven he can get better talent if u just give him a little support, and decent facilities. But the administration has got to support the program, something it's not doing.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

So what I'm hearing here is that this may mean that we have more talent players running around the court with no apparent objective in the future?
GtownRebel
All American
All American

This type of thing has been in play for a long time. I knew about it in the late 60's and it has only gotten worse. I am glad the FBI has taken the bull by the horns and are driving it to conclusion.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If the FBI really dives into this, it would not surprise me to see some NCAA officers go down as well.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Well considering the guy that resigned at Bama was on the enforcement side of the NCAA and he did see how much money was exchanging hands? Really? Then joins Bama for what reason? To get paid $$$'s for all of the NFL draftees from Bama by stirring them to financial advisors. More $$$'s on that transaction. But Bama will skate through cleanly and Ole Miss will get the Death Penalty for their transgressions. SEC is the old SWC