Good victory yesterday

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Bad game, but a W none the less. Very surprised at the crowd yesterday, almost a sell out. Great tribute to the tad during halftime. Had Santa sing the National Anthem , and loved the couple of shorts from Christmas movies shown before the game. 10-2 heading into SEC play. Good job by AK and team.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Well it was an OT win against a team sitting around 250 in RPI. Not sure it was a "good" win, but it was definitely better than a loss. I did notice something about AK yesterday. It seemed like on almost every offensive possession he was upset with the players. He was clearly frustrated because they weren't doing what he wanted them to do. I noticed several times when we brought the ball down he was screaming at someone to move towards the basket and they just stood at the three point line watching the ball. It was obvious that AK was frustrated at the lack of movement. I remember him saying after a game (think it was earlier this year) that he didn't know why they didn't do what they were supposed to, and he said something like, "I promise you we practice that."

Anyway, glad I got to be there for the last game at the Tad Pad. Here's the halftime tribute video they played at the game. As always, great stuff from the video team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FujYifqX20
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Twice yesterday I saw Moody turn the ball over with him just being lackadaisical. U could tell there was a let down after the tiger high game. Plus one of Troy ' s guards decided to get rid hot the last few minutes of regulation. Scored 14 of his 22 in the last 5 minutes of regulation. But we did come away with the win. Also think AK was trying not to play Saiz, but without him, we were extremely weak in the middle.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food