Go figure, our RPI in basketball

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

is #1 on Yahoo and Rivals sites. Also SOS is #1. Hearing we'll probably get a 2 or 3 seed for the big dance. Ok, that last part is a lie, and it's early and we all know that ranking won't last. But right now......
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

He'll probably get a raise and extension this week if Bjork sees those numbers.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:He'll probably get a raise and extension this week if Bjork sees those numbers.
Eric, I know most on this board hate him, but I think we are on the way of making a step upward. We have 2 top 100 players on the team, although Tyree had surgery in April for a torn ACL, and I really don't expect a lot from him this year because of that. He was just cleared to play 2 weeks before the season opened, and missed all summer and fall practicing with the team. But he's gonna be a good player. Both Burnett, another top 100 player, and Neal, have 2 years of eligibility, and both should be very good. Saiz was the tallest player on the team last year, this year he's the 4th tallest. His replacement next year is sitting this year out cause of transfer rules, but people say he's going to be a good one, possibly has NBA potential. This team has some good young talent, Tinsil and Davis are going to be good before they leave imo. And this signing class we just had, according to 24/7, is the highest rated class we've ever had. 2 3* and 1 4*, and the 4* is another top 100 player. So next year we will have 3 top 100 players on the squad, never happened before. All 3 of the new signees are high school players. Some on here have said they thought if AK had the players, his system would work, although the system he runs is what the NBA runs. Well, since the Pavillion has opened, we're getting visits from players we use to never get. 2 months ago we had a player visit, and he liked it, and we made his final cut, think it was a final 7. But we all knew we wouldn't get him cause one of his finalist was Duke, which he committed to. But we are now getting a better level of player visiting, and it's up to AK to reel some in, which I think he did a couple of weeks ago. Next year will the incoming talent, plus most of this team coming back, I think the program is headed up with the new arena helping big time in recruiting. AK has at least 2 years I would imagine, so those that think he's gone after this year, barring a complete melt down, which I doubt anyone on here sees, just don't see him leaving. But he will have to produce now, or he will be gone. I think he gets it done, I'm sure most on here don't. Time will tell, but it does look good as of now. My first game attending this year will be the tiger high game, Dec. 3. My grandson will be with me. This team is athletic and deep, let them get use to each other and we'll see.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

2 years? Another NIT and the University will petition the state to waive the 4 yr contract cap just for AK. Then, he gets a lifetime contract.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:2 years? Another NIT and the University will petition the state to waive the 4 yr contract cap just for AK. Then, he gets a lifetime contract.
Now, now Eric, I know u are the new president of the "WE LOVE AK" fan club. But lived time contract?? Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We'll start out with a 10 year contract, with $750,000 raises annually. After that, THEN we'll look at that lifetime contract....... 8-)
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

It's not that anyone dislikes Ak. Personally I've never met the man but I have seen his teams play for the last ten years. I cannot remember any one coach staying at any school for doing such a mediocre job for as long as he's been here. If anybody still thinks we are in the process of building anything more than what has been here they need their head examined. It is long past time to start over. No, we probably won't be one of the worst teams in the nation and we may even get a glimpse of better things but the norm will be just as it has been for ten years. Our basketball program is average and it has been average since AK got here. It is amazing to me that some want Freeze or his assistants gone but think we should keep our basketball coach. Our football program has been better than our basketball program since Freeze walked on campus. The SEC is the best football conference in the nation. In basketball it is fairly weak once you get by Kentucky. Our football team can compete with any team in the nation right now. Our basketball team has been to a 68 field tournament twice in ten years.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

U showed your colors when u hid when we went dancing. I don't expect u to know anything about the program since all u do is bad mouth it. And to compare football with basketball is ignorant. But yes, I think the program is upping it's talent, now that we have a decent arena. And I don't want Freeze fired, but yes, I want several assistants gone. Rumor has it that the reason Markel Winters decommitted was because his lead recruiter won't be here next year. His lead recruiter is Kiffin, which would go along with the rumor that Wommack is retiring after the season. If that were to happen, I'm sure the new DC would want to bring in his on assistants. But back to the original point, I hope we are stepping up some with the program. And again, I don't expect nothing but hate from u anyway, since u have proven yourself.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Truth hurt's sometimes but it is still the truth. The program is average at best. Just because you have a man crush on the coach doesn't change the FACT that his conference record is 88-80 over a ten year span. That is less then one win per year than what he's lost. Once again average. Yes, one year out of ten he had a fairly decent team and won the SEC tournament to go to the tournament. The only other appearance was in a play in game. God forbid if he stays long enough it's bound to happen again. The simple fact is in ten years he has made a career beating up on schools that we have no business playing and winning .524 percent of his games in a weak conference . WE all know what would happen if we were to actually play a competitive non conference schedule. The same thing that happens when we play Kentucky. When you run up and down the floor and shoot it any time you want with good teams you get beat. That is just one of the many reason we are where we are now. Our football team can compete with any team in the nation. Our basketball team won't even schedule a good team. We have to play a host of nobodies to try to get to 20 wins which means absolutely nothing come tournament time because most years we don't have two quality wins. You are right about one thing though. It is ignorant to compare our football team to the basketball team. In reality there isn't any comparison.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Someone explain this 'basketball' to me......i dont get it....
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

55chevy wrote:Truth hurt's sometimes but it is still the truth. The program is average at best. Just because you have a man crush on the coach doesn't change the FACT that his conference record is 88-80 over a ten year span. That is less then one win per year than what he's lost. Once again average. Yes, one year out of ten he had a fairly decent team and won the SEC tournament to go to the tournament. The only other appearance was in a play in game. God forbid if he stays long enough it's bound to happen again. The simple fact is in ten years he has made a career beating up on schools that we have no business playing and winning .524 percent of his games in a weak conference . WE all know what would happen if we were to actually play a competitive non conference schedule. The same thing that happens when we play Kentucky. When you run up and down the floor and shoot it any time you want with good teams you get beat. That is just one of the many reason we are where we are now. Our football team can compete with any team in the nation. Our basketball team won't even schedule a good team. We have to play a host of nobodies to try to get to 20 wins which means absolutely nothing come tournament time because most years we don't have two quality wins. You are right about one thing though. It is ignorant to compare our football team to the basketball team. In reality there isn't any comparison.
And u have so much hate u can't see any improvement, which is happening. Course u don't support the program in any way, so what difference does it make for a hater to hate on the internet. And for those that wanted Micheal White as coach, His class just signed last week is ranked 55th in the country, we're ranked 43rd. According to 24/7, we just signed the highest rated class in our history. So it does appear we seem to be raising the talent level on our team, even though u don't think so. But don't let me spoil a good hate for u. And maybe if they keep winning, u will once again go into hiding, since u can't make yourself pull for our basketball team. And AK's conference record is better than any coach we've EVER had. No other coach even has a winning record in the conference. And he has won as many ncaa tourney games as anyone we've EVER had. Keep the hate 55, it fits u so well.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

[/quote] And AK's conference record is better than any coach we've EVER had. No other coach even has a winning record in the conference. And he has won as many ncaa tourney games[/quote]

.524 after ten years. You can also look up his sec tournament record if you want to and I would be willing to bet it's around .500 also. He has also won more games than any other coach we've had also. All that proves is that they don't schedule anyone in non conference and that he's been here for a very long time. Lots of meaningless non conference games and .524 in conference. Boy, that's really getting it done. Keep drinking the kool aid. Lightning is bound to strike again sooner or later.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

55chevy wrote:And AK's conference record is better than any coach we've EVER had. No other coach even has a winning record in the conference. And he has won as many ncaa tourney games

.524 after ten years. You can also look up his sec tournament record if you want to and I would be willing to bet it's around .500 also. He has also won more games than any other coach we've had also. All that proves is that they don't schedule anyone in non conference and that he's been here for a very long time. Lots of meaningless non conference games and .524 in conference. Boy, that's really getting it done. Keep drinking the kool aid. Lightning is bound to strike again sooner or later.
[emoji298]️[emoji298]️[emoji298]️[emoji298]️[emoji298]️[emoji298]️[emoji298]️[emoji298]️

The lightning strikes tonight!