Ole Miss basketball is still figuring out its identity, but the problems are fixable

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:55, u have no idea what u are talking about. We have one of the best rebounding big men in the game today. Saiz is a walking double double. We had 19 assist on 23 fg's last game. We have a big man sitting out the year that is suppose to have NBA potential. We also have 2 other big men that will contribute that are freshmen, though one is out for the year. Get off your hate long enough to see what's ACTUALLY going on. Oh, I forgot, u will not support AK under any conditions. My bad, carry on.
South Alabama.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
lewindha wrote:Second longest tenured coach in the SEC and we're still here talking about several SEC teams with more talent than us.

You can blame the Tad Pad for the first 2/3 years, but by that time a good coach would've proven his abilities and began pulling in more blue chip recruits. Here we are talking about his 11th recruiting class being the best in school history(which is saying nothing really).

My guess is the new arena gives us a bump for 2/3 years, but then when players realize that he can't get them to the league, they stop coming again.
Eric, funny u are saying any good coach would start bringing in blue chippers after the first 2/3 year, yet then u say we got our best class ever coming in. So where are all those blue chippers all our other good coaches got? I'll answer that, there were very few blue chippers. And since none of our other coaches were getting many blue chippers, guess that explains why no other coach we've had has a winning record. At least he's getting better players since the Pavilion opened. And better players should equal better teams. awbarn has out recruited us in basketball since the beginning of time, as have all the other league teams. We'll see after a couple of years where we're headed, and go from there. The program is seeing an uptick in talent, and no matter how much this boards hates him, he gets time to show if he can win with the new arena. And u nor anyone else knows if the players we are starting to get won't make the NBA. We are getting better players now. Not going to try and change the boards opinion of AK. But that's cool. I'll support the team, go to the few games I can make, and see how the year turns out. I'll be at the KY. game, with my grandson in section 203, seats 4 and 5 if any on here happen to be there. Would love to see an upset. And Eric, I think u will be wrong about u thinking the new arena will only give us a boost for 2/3 years. I think we'll start improving as we add better talent. And we'll get better talent as we improve.

It is funny that I'm saying that after year 10 instead of year 2/3.

What you're saying makes some sense to me. But, it also leads me to believe you are blaming EVERYTHING on the tad pad, and I refuse to believe that.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The tad pad has a lot to do with it, but so does other things. Like how far will our boosters go to get a player in basketball. Can promise u not near a far as they would for a football player. But it is a FACT that since the Pavilion has opened, we are getting a MUCH BETTER level of players visiting, AND we followed that up with our best recruiting class we've ever had. So now we just wait and see if AK can do something with this. If he does, fantastic. But if he doesn't, I feel sure he will be replaced. But I think he still has 2 years to show what he can do, unless we have a melt down. That's just my opinion, nothing to base that on. And I know that was only S. Ala. we played, the point being we had 19 assist on 23 fg's. I don't care if we were playing a jr. high team, we were sharing the ball instead of just coming down the court and jacking up shots. That was my point. Ky. is next, we'll see how we do. I'm thinking we'll give them a good game. I'll say it again, I think our program is on the way up. And I'm sure I'm one of the few on here that feels that way. Go Rebs.....
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Anything that happened against South Alabama means diddly squat. It was South Alabama. How many times a game do you actually see a big man post up and receive a pass. Once? twice? What about last year or the year before.We have not had a post up big man since the team that won the SEC tournament. In ten years you would still be defending AK saying he just needs a little more time. A few more years. We are ten years in and you are delusional enough to believe we are still in the building process. You believe a new building is going to be the difference that Ak needs to finally get us to the next level. All more talent will do is keep mid major teams from beating us as regular. We certainly aren't going to schedule anybody that they think has a chance of beating us. Most of our non conference wins come against teams that most people don't even know where they came from. Can anybody tell me where Bradley, TN Martin, Murray State and Oral Roberts is from without googling it. Just like most times you can't defend the program on it's merits so you have to attack the messenger. It's liberal mentality at it's finest. Do or say anything to try to keep away from what is really going on. No, I don't hate AK. I don't know him, but I have watched his teams for the last ten years. After the first three or four watching the same problems just became old. The really sad thing about the whole situation is that almost every one of his teams had the potential to be pretty good yet each and every group he has put on the floor has had the same things keeping them from taking the next step. It is plain as day what needs to be addressed but by gosh, somehow it just keeps happening. It must be bad luck. Do you actually think this team is going to make it to the NCAA tournament this year. We have been 20% of the time with our current coach and it is a 68 team field. I may or may not know much but I do know that in almost every game the team who takes care of the ball and shoots the best shots wins most of the time. That's more than our coach has figured out. You and him probably think the "greenest light" thing is a compliment. It actually makes a joke of our program.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

55chevy wrote:Anything that happened against South Alabama means diddly squat. It was South Alabama. How many times a game do you actually see a big man post up and receive a pass. Once? twice? What about last year or the year before.We have not had a post up big man since the team that won the SEC tournament. In ten years you would still be defending AK saying he just needs a little more time. A few more years. We are ten years in and you are delusional enough to believe we are still in the building process. You believe a new building is going to be the difference that Ak needs to finally get us to the next level. All more talent will do is keep mid major teams from beating us as regular. We certainly aren't going to schedule anybody that they think has a chance of beating us. Most of our non conference wins come against teams that most people don't even know where they came from. Can anybody tell me where Bradley, TN Martin, Murray State and Oral Roberts is from without googling it. Just like most times you can't defend the program on it's merits so you have to attack the messenger. It's liberal mentality at it's finest. Do or say anything to try to keep away from what is really going on. No, I don't hate AK. I don't know him, but I have watched his teams for the last ten years. After the first three or four watching the same problems just became old. The really sad thing about the whole situation is that almost every one of his teams had the potential to be pretty good yet each and every group he has put on the floor has had the same things keeping them from taking the next step. It is plain as day what needs to be addressed but by gosh, somehow it just keeps happening. It must be bad luck. Do you actually think this team is going to make it to the NCAA tournament this year. We have been 20% of the time with our current coach and it is a 68 team field. I may or may not know much but I do know that in almost every game the team who takes care of the ball and shoots the best shots wins most of the time. That's more than our coach has figured out. You and him probably think the "greenest light" thing is a compliment. It actually makes a joke of our program.
U are 100% wrong, and I'll leave it at that; No sense arguing with a hater. Enjoy your hate bud.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Deflecting again I see. You're good at it. I do have a ten year track record to draw from. You know, two for ten in the NCAA. A .524 conference record. Plenty of "church ball" references. Let me let you in on something else. When AK leaves OM if he coaches again he will take a lesser job. He will wind up somewhere just like South Alabama. Delusional much?