Moderator: Rebel Security

texasrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

We suck!
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Be patient. We have a new Pavilion and we're in the process of building the program. Don't give up now, the program is on the upswing. We just have to give our coach a few more years.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Let the season play out. There isn't going to be any changes during the season when it comes to coaching. If we get better we will forget that game. If we don't get better maybe we get new blood. We are no final four team so let's enjoy this best we can.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I was there with my grandson. We played the first half in awe of them. I was expecting to compete, didn't really expect a victory. I sure didn't expect that kind of butt kicking. Ky. is better than I thought. They are fast and talented. This is one of Cal's best teams. Their starting guards are unreal. But the way we played the first half is unacceptable, reminded me of the first half of the MTS game. The guard play last night was horrible. And the defense, well there was none. We need a pg, and the only real one we have is a freshman, that was cleared to play 2 weeks before the start of the season. He had surgery for a torn ACL. He'll be good before he leaves, but not this year. He's one of the 2 top 100 players we have on the team this year. Shuler, who Cal mentions, is also a top 100 player that'll be here next year. Here's an excerpt of scout's interview with Cal last night. He speaks highly of the Pavilion. Make sure u read the last few sentences of the interview.

On the Pavilion (Cal’s first trip to Ole Miss since his ‘squirrel’ comment regarding the Tad Pad): “The one thing you know about Ole Miss is when they do something, they’re going to do it right. But they won’t do it. When you go around this campus and see you see a theater or museum, classrooms, they built a hotel that they use for football games, I think. This building looks like it seats 16,000. Took care of the students; let them be on the bottom. Took care of all their fans by having dugouts or bunks behind there. I went through the building and I was like, ‘Holy cow.’ I told (Kentucky’s media relations director), ‘You’ve got to see this because we’ve got to get some ideas for our building and do a better job of taking care of our people.’ And then the one thing that really got me is Andy got a parking space. I don’t have a parking space. I went to (Kentucky’s media relations director) and said, ‘How the heck does he have a parking space and I don’t have a parking space? That’s crazy.’ But anyway, I saw (Ole Miss women’s basketball coach) Matt Insell yesterday. He was with us at Kentucky for a while. We played really well today, guys. The first half, that’s as good as we’ve played in a long while. Then they came back at us in the second half. We got sloppy. What I’m trying to do with my team is discipline. We have to have discipline. You saw in the second half when we didn’t, and I went crazy. But it was a good road win.” On Ole Miss: “They’re arguably the best free throw shooting team in the country. So if you’re fouling, you’re losing. It gives them a chance to stop the game, get in their 1-3-1 and get in their stretch defense. We like a team to spread out the court on us, because it opens up lanes for us to drive and do stuff. When a team does that, these guys are pretty trained to attack.” On the stuffed squirrel and note he was given by Ole Miss pregame: “I’m taking the squirrel with me, by the way. This one was a dead squirrel. The other one (at the Tad Pad) was a live, and he peed on my shoes before I left in that Tad whatever that thing was called over there. You’ve got to give it to Ole Miss. I don’t care if it’s with football, academics, if they do something, it’s going to be done right or they won’t do it. This building right here? It’s already helped in recruiting. They got a kid from Oak Hill (Devontae Shuler) that we would have taken. Kid is really good. It’s going to help him in recruiting. That was a great environment for the fans, they got the band going, you’ve got the food court. For Andy to go do what he’s trying to do, you have to have this. He’s the veteran SEC coach in basketball and football. How about that? He’s it. He’s the senior coach.”
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I am of the opinion that Calipari does this b/c he doesn't want AK going anywhere. He owns him and knows Ole Miss will never be a real threat while AK is here.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

And oddly, 247,ESPN, nor Rivals list an offer from Kentucky for Schuler
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:I am of the opinion that Calipari does this b/c he doesn't want AK going anywhere. He owns him and knows Ole Miss will never be a real threat while AK is here.
I really doubt that cause I can't see Cal being worried about Ole Miss in basketball. It's not like we've EVER challenge them in the sport. Why should he be worried about us, I mean, come on. Maybe other coaches realize how hard of a job it was with the Tad. Like he said, the Pavilion will help recruiting. Shuler is a top 100 player, and may be good enough to play for KY. I don't know. I can't answer for Cal, but if he says Shuler could play for them, I have no reason to doubt him. Really doubt he goes around telling people certain players could play for them if they couldn't. AK is on the clock, he has to produce. I think he will, most on here disagree. Hoping we go no worse than 2-3 the first 5 league games. After that, the games get easier. Hagar, if u are reading this, Winn on ole coach's board gave Cal the squirrel.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food