UGA

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

Rebs elected not to participate in this one.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yep! I still can't accept Georgia blew us out... But AK will still probably squeak out his 20 wins and keep his job. You have to try really hard to only score 47 points against Georgia!
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Twenty wins doesn't mean anything when half of them come from nobodies. Ole Miss is going to win some but they are also going to lose some. They will win a few they probably shouldn't(Auburn on the road)and they will lose a couple that will make you scratch your head(Georgia). It is the same old, same old. It is a different day but the same old thing. Win in the early season non conference and play around .500 in conference. I don't see how any sane person could actually believe anything is going to change. Our basketball program is and has been mired in mediocrity. We are playing against teams who go down and actually pass the ball. Then we get it and play as individuals. Nobody passes it because they know if they pass it they aren't going to get it back. They either don't grasp the concept of "team" or they are too selfish to actually play together. Either way, it isn't going to work against any decent team.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

OM had five field goals the first half. That is one every four minutes. They had four assist for the whole game. How in the heck does a college basketball team play forty minutes and make only four passes that lead directly to a basket.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

That kind of play will get a new coach
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Typical sloppy-played, bad-coached game by Ole Miss. Should be used to this in AK's 11th season but this year there is no quasi-star such as Henderson or Moody to save a few games a year. Having to rely only on coaching prowess means we are in trouble. But hey, we have a nice arena.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

RebnPhilly wrote:Typical sloppy-played, bad-coached game by Ole Miss. Should be used to this in AK's 11th season but this year there is no quasi-star such as Henderson or Moody to save a few games a year. Having to rely only on coaching prowess means we are in trouble. But hey, we have a nice arena.
This team has more talent than any of the circus teams that had Moody or Henderson. They have solid talent. They are just lacking in several areas :roll: .
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

55chevy wrote:
RebnPhilly wrote:Typical sloppy-played, bad-coached game by Ole Miss. Should be used to this in AK's 11th season but this year there is no quasi-star such as Henderson or Moody to save a few games a year. Having to rely only on coaching prowess means we are in trouble. But hey, we have a nice arena.
This team has more talent than any of the circus teams that had Moody or Henderson. They have solid talent. They are just lacking in several areas :roll: .
U know, it's funny how often u post after a loss. But u NEVER post after a win. And for u to say this is AK's best team is laughable at best. The Henderson team that went dancing is the best team he's had. Can u say hater. Like I said, u pull against us, so enjoy. Pityful, but carry on. I won't comment further in this thread.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

55chevy wrote:Twenty wins doesn't mean anything when half of them come from nobodies. Ole Miss is going to win some but they are also going to lose some. They will win a few they probably shouldn't(Auburn on the road)and they will lose a couple that will make you scratch your head(Georgia). It is the same old, same old. It is a different day but the same old thing. Win in the early season non conference and play around .500 in conference. I don't see how any sane person could actually believe anything is going to change. Our basketball program is and has been mired in mediocrity. We are playing against teams who go down and actually pass the ball. Then we get it and play as individuals. Nobody passes it because they know if they pass it they aren't going to get it back. They either don't grasp the concept of "team" or they are too selfish to actually play together. Either way, it isn't going to work against any decent team.
Agree 100%
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote:
55chevy wrote:
And for u to say this is AK's best team is laughable at best. The Henderson team that went dancing is the best team he's had.
It's year 11...at this point all you CAN do is laugh.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

rebeljim wrote:
55chevy wrote:
U know, it's funny how often u post after a loss. But u NEVER post after a win. And for u to say this is AK's best team is laughable at best. The Henderson team that went dancing is the best team he's had. Can u say hater. Like I said, u pull against us, so enjoy. Pityful, but carry on. I won't comment further in this thread.
Actually the best team AK put on the floor was the team that had the two senior big men. Once again, you know everything I posted was the truth so you attack the messenger. Now that you've responded against the person you accuse of disliking the coach you like you say you are going to take your cookies and not play any more. Everything I've said about OM basketball is dead on. I can't help it if you refuse to accept reality. Our program is average or a little below average. The numbers back it up. This team has enough talent to compete against most any team in the nation. The reasons they aren't very good are the same that the last eleven have had. They are undisciplined which leads to too many mistakes to over come. They have no concept of playing together as a team which leads to laughable shot selection and they are weak on defense and fundamentals. Everything I just said comes directly back to one man. Care to guess who.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

55chevy wrote:Twenty wins doesn't mean anything when half of them come from nobodies. Ole Miss is going to win some but they are also going to lose some. They will win a few they probably shouldn't(Auburn on the road)and they will lose a couple that will make you scratch your head(Georgia). It is the same old, same old. It is a different day but the same old thing. Win in the early season non conference and play around .500 in conference. I don't see how any sane person could actually believe anything is going to change. Our basketball program is and has been mired in mediocrity. We are playing against teams who go down and actually pass the ball. Then we get it and play as individuals. Nobody passes it because they know if they pass it they aren't going to get it back. They either don't grasp the concept of "team" or they are too selfish to actually play together. Either way, it isn't going to work against any decent team.

YEEEEPPPPPPP!!!!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
55chevy wrote:

People are done with Ole Miss basketball.. I hate that, but that is the truth.. People are tired of watching church league basketball year after year.. The ONLY way we occasionally slip up and beat somebody is when we get a transfer who can score in bunches.. The UGA game was painful to watch.. To say they looked like a high school team would be insulting to well coached high school teams. I would rather watch guys who have lesser talent, but play like their hair is on fire and play a purer brand of basketball... You might be right in your assessment that people only comment after a loss, but that goes back to my initial statement.. People are done with Ole Miss basketball, so when they see more of the same it only strengthens the common opinion... We are not getting any better... We need new blood, new energy.. Think about it, if we don't have a back up point guard hit a 3 in the sec tournament, Michael White is the head coach right now..
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The Auburn win was the best win of the season. Om will beat someone else if they happen to have a game where somebody shoots it good. They could also lose to any team on the schedule. I never said this was AK's best team. That was something that was made up. What I said was this team has enough talent to compete night in and night out. If they lose it isn't because they are out talented by a wide margin. Any team that doesn't have talent to compete will be out rebounded bad. We can rebound it with most teams. The OM basketball program has problems. I'm not going to list them again but they are many and they are too much to overcome against good teams. If OM wanted to compete at a higher level they should go get Bryce Drew and pay him whatever it takes. He is a good up and coming coach. To get to the NCAA tournament you have to have quality wins. The only win we have right now that is close to a quality win is Memphis. I said a week or so ago that after the first six conference games we would know where we stood. At this point I just hope we are 2-4. After the Baylor game it should get a little easier overall.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

55chevy wrote:The Auburn win was the best win of the season. Om will beat someone else if they happen to have a game where somebody shoots it good. They could also lose to any team on the schedule. I never said this was AK's best team. That was something that was made up. What I said was this team has enough talent to compete night in and night out. If they lose it isn't because they are out talented by a wide margin. Any team that doesn't have talent to compete will be out rebounded bad. We can rebound it with most teams. The OM basketball program has problems. I'm not going to list them again but they are many and they are too much to overcome against good teams. If OM wanted to compete at a higher level they should go get Bryce Drew and pay him whatever it takes. He is a good up and coming coach. To get to the NCAA tournament you have to have quality wins. The only win we have right now that is close to a quality win is Memphis. I said a week or so ago that after the first six conference games we would know where we stood. At this point I just hope we are 2-4. After the Baylor game it should get a little easier overall.
Good points and I am with you on not being capable of beating good teams. I have seen some on TV and it appears that the other SEC teams will have mercy on OM in the second half. Team looks like they have given up. AK tries to yell\talk to them and they just walk off or ignore him. He has lost this team as previous teams in the past, but this one is early in the season. Normally it has been at crunch time to try to make the NCAA Dance. Probably praying for NIT. I have given up on BB being a sport that we will compete for "championships" in the future with this sit up. Support will drop off this year even with a new facility to play in. And Morris leaving not on his accord is a good example where you have a 4 star from Texas with offers from FL State and SMU and no coaching up being done.