UT

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

Big win tonight. Needed that one bad. I know it seems like a long shot but all is not over at 2-4. An 8-4 run is possible and that would give us a 10-8 sec record. Win a couple in the sec tourney and we could be dancing.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Chucky_38 wrote:Big win tonight. Needed that one bad. I know it seems like a long shot but all is not over at 2-4. An 8-4 run is possible and that would give us a 10-8 sec record. Win a couple in the sec tourney and we could be dancing.
With our remaining schedule, I could see us going 8-5 to finish the season which would put us at 19-12. But I think it will take more than 2 SECT wins to make the NCAA, more like the NIT. Playing in the SEC, 20 wins ain't what it use to be.

I was impress with the way the players handled Sheed's situation and pulled out the win.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

From scout's interview with AK after the game.

On the status of Rasheed Brooks: “He's stable right now. He's in the hospital and they're running a bunch of tests, but he is stable. He doesn't remember anything that transpired. I haven't seen a lot of seizures in my life. I'm sure I've seen a few, but it scared us to death. I had never really seen anything like it. I was literally just talking to him, and then I turned my back and I thought he was cramping. It was almost like he had a back cramp. He was contorting and then he rolled over and you could see he was in a full-blown seizure. It scared us to death. Obviously, we didn't respond very good from a basketball standpoint. We were all in a funk. Guys were crying. It was a pretty dramatic event. Thankfully they had the fortitude to pull it together and play with a passion.”
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

They could have easily folded when that happened. It was good to see them come back and win. It was also good to see them win a game in the same fashion they usually lose them. OM had a two point lead and TN just gave them the ball back on a turnover. OM scores a easy transition basket and it was pretty much over. I'm no expert and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night but the way I see it is You have Kentucky, Florida and South Carolina who are going to be the favorites to go to the NCAA tournament this year. I really don't see the SEC sending five teams but if they do for us to have a shot we have to win the tournament or find a way to distance ourselves above several other teams in the league. How many wins this year do we have against teams that are going to be in the tournament. Thirteen games left. If we go 9-4 that puts us at 20-11.... and we go to the NIT unless we make a run in the conference tournament. Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Ms State and Vanderbilt. For us to even think about the NCAA we have to finish ahead of four of the five, and some of them are playing pretty good. Anybody watch State play the past couple of weeks. Georgia has already handled us fairly easily. My guess is that we finish no better than 8-5 and it very well could be 7-6 or worse. Either way, unless something extraordinary happens the only way we get to go to the big tournament is to buy a ticket.