Baylor

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

The Rebs taken it to another level. Leading #5 Baylor 31-18 with 7 min to go 1st half.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebels up 7 at the half. Have led the entire way.
Goroth

Ole Miss let this one go. Well the NIT is slipping away.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Definitely felt like we gave that one away.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Very apparent, talent is not the issue... Good ball movement first half only to return to church league bball 2nd.
steve nichols
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Depth is the problem, with the loss of Silias to injury and dismissal of Morrison we only have 2 real big men or forwards.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

It's amazing how much difference it makes when you don't give the ball away. OM won the turnover battle by a large margin and it showed. They also shot it good for the most part. I've said it over and over. If this team would get down and work on offense, get a decent shot instead of jacking it up at the first opportunity, limit turnovers and play defense they can compete with most any team in the nation right now. They just refuse to do so. There were a couple of poor shots that really hurt OM in the second half. Very well could have been the difference in the ball game. For the most part I don't think they can play any better than they did today. There were times in the first half where they looked very good. It is a shame this team has only shown up for one game. Baylor is a veteran club with a lot of upper classmen. They have came from behind to win several times this year. OM had a shot to win in the last two minutes of the game. You can't say that if you're down by twenty. Good effort today. I hope to see more of it.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Went to the game expecting a loss, but hoping for an upset. Then I got my hopes up during the game, thinking I was watching an upset in the making. 2 bad turnovers at the end killed us. Neal HAS to know where the out of bounds line is. And somehow Burnett has to get going. When he made that 4 point play, I told my grandson that may be what he needs to start lighting it up. Burnett never scored another point. This game and the Creighton game are our 2 best games this year. It's a shame we can't be more consistent as a team. Good to see Tyree coming along. It'll still be next year before he's full speed, but he looks to be a good one. Hope we beat state.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Went to the game expecting a loss, but hoping for an upset. Then I got my hopes up during the game, thinking I was watching an upset in the making. 2 bad turnovers at the end killed us. Neal HAS to know where the out of bounds line is. And somehow Burnett has to get going. When he made that 4 point play, I told my grandson that may be what he needs to start lighting it up. Burnett never scored another point. This game and the Creighton game are our 2 best games this year. It's a shame we can't be more consistent as a team. Good to see Tyree coming along. It'll still be next year before he's full speed, but he looks to be a good one. Hope we beat state.

Our best player will graduate.. It is always next year..
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Pavilion is awesome. In the end, it's another lost opportunity. But, not much to complain about. The Rebs played a good game. Made some mistakes down the stretch that cost them.

If you ask me, Burnett's shot selection is a liability. I felt like he stopped momentum a few times by taking bad shots and missing.
Some Random Dude
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:Pavilion is awesome. In the end, it's another lost opportunity. But, not much to complain about. The Rebs played a good game. Made some mistakes down the stretch that cost them.

If you ask me, Burnett's shot selection is a liability. I felt like he stopped momentum a few times by taking bad shots and missing.

When have we not had poor shot selection? I knew we were done at the 2:51 mark, down 1.. Saiz had a mismatch on a switch, instead we elect to take a contested 30+ foot shot. I am no Phil Jackson, but basketball is pretty simple. Watch any level, the team that scores the most uncontested or easiest shots wins the game.. That is from Upward basketball to the NBA. We make some crazy shots every game, but a lot are contested. How often do teams get uncontested shots against us while we are shooting fade aways and wild 3s?
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
lewindha wrote:Pavilion is awesome. In the end, it's another lost opportunity. But, not much to complain about. The Rebs played a good game. Made some mistakes down the stretch that cost them.

When have we not had poor shot selection? I knew we were done at the 2:51 mark, down 1.. Saiz had a mismatch on a switch, instead we elect to take a contested 30+ foot shot. I am no Phil Jackson, but basketball is pretty simple. Watch any level, the team that scores the most uncontested or easiest shots wins the game.. That is from Upward basketball to the NBA. We make some crazy shots every game, but a lot are contested. How often do teams get uncontested shots against us while we are shooting fade aways and wild 3s?
Yeah, that has been the gripe for years(bad shots). I thought we did much better Saturday on that, but there were still some bad shots and there's just not a lot of room for mistakes against the 5th ranked, 1 loss team.
Some Random Dude
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I think this game showed we have good players. Probably not enough players now with the injured, let go, etc. players, but we do have a good group of players. When you lose to the #5 team in America, then you have talent. Question is can AK build upon this game and start winning in the SEC? I hope so.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The real problem is that you could plug any players name in instead of Burnetts and it would still be the absolute truth. The number one reason OM won't ever really compete at a decent level on a consistent basis is poor shot selection. There are other reasons such as turnovers but the number one reason is shot selection. Just because a shot happens to fall doesn't make it a good shot. Many times it just means a poorly selected shot happened to fall. Most of the time a poor shot is the same thing as walking over center court and handing the other team the ball. It is nothing more than a turnover.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

MageeRebel425 wrote:

I couldn't have said it better myself.