Rebs win

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

And look good doing it. Good coaching job by AK. Team seems to be playing team ball.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

they've looked a lot better since the Baylor game.
Some Random Dude
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

OM won the turnover battle 11-8. Eight more rebounds including eight more offensive rebounds. Vandy made 14 of 39 three point attempts. You live by the three and eventually you will die by the three. When OM shoots it decent and doesn't turn it over too much they have a decent team. If they had a decent half court offense they would have a good team. 10 assist in forty minutes. Burnett, Tyree and Neal had five assist in forty minutes. The starting point guard had one assist. On a good note. For the first time this year I saw OM get a three point basket by going from inside to out. They actually threw the ball to the post man (Siaz) and when they double teamed him he threw it out to a open man for a three. I almost fell out of my chair. I actually rewound it and watched it a couple of times. I've said it all year. If OM would actually play the game they can compete with anybody right now. The problem is that they have played themselves into a situation where they are trying to get to the NIT. There have been glimpses of what should have been. This had the making of a very good team.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

55chevy wrote:OM won the turnover battle 11-8. Eight more rebounds including eight more offensive rebounds. Vandy made 14 of 39 three point attempts. You live by the three and eventually you will die by the three. When OM shoots it decent and doesn't turn it over too much they have a decent team. If they had a decent half court offense they would have a good team. 10 assist in forty minutes. Burnett, Tyree and Neal had five assist in forty minutes. The starting point guard had one assist. On a good note. For the first time this year I saw OM get a three point basket by going from inside to out. They actually threw the ball to the post man (Siaz) and when they double teamed him he threw it out to a open man for a three. I almost fell out of my chair. I actually rewound it and watched it a couple of times. I've said it all year. If OM would actually play the game they can compete with anybody right now. The problem is that they have played themselves into a situation where they are trying to get to the NIT. There have been glimpses of what should have been. This had the making of a very good team.

Agree
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

This team is playing better cause Tyree is starting to get well enough to contribute. He's still not 100%, but getting there. Turnovers have gone down since he's gotten healthier. He's gonna be a good one. It was no secret we were lacking at pg, hence the turnovers.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Difference is at point guard...less turnovers now.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Vandy had been playing pretty good. Their last 2 games were at both Fla. and A&M, and they won both. Pretty good road win for us. Tyree is showing why AK said Tyree reminded him of Chris Warren.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Tyree has the potential to be a very good player or a very big problem. If he is going to be the point guard he has to be able to make the players around him better. He cannot do that by getting one assist a game. There is more to the game than scoring especially at guard. I certainly don't want to see another dog and pony show like we had when Warren, Henderson and Moody was here. As long as Om plays selfish on the offensive end they can't become a good team. There has been too much one on one and dribbling in the past. The pieces are here right now but the "team" concept has been absent for all but a few short stretches. That is the reason we are trying to get to the NIT right now.