AU2

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

10 straight over AU and a big rally in the 2nd. Good win.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Very important basketball visitor at game today. Bruce Stevens, 6-8, 260 lb. power forward from Jones CC is here. We really need this big guy. 4th best rebounder in the juco ranks. Can shoot 3's with the best of them. Our signee, Parker Stewart was there, too.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Stevens is the leading scorer on a very good team. And is coached by our own Rahim Lockhart, who is 18-1 on the season. Stevens is hitting 57% of his field goals and 81% of his free throws. Also hitting over 42% of his 3-point attempts (32-76) while pulling down 12.3 rebounds a game, making him the 4th leading rebounder in the juco's. Plus, averaging 2.3 blocks a game. Hope AK can get this guy. Also great comeback by our Rebels yesterday. Whatever AK said at halftime worked.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

T Davis brought it in the second half and even though there is no telling what he will do next Neal helped also. He makes some of the most God awful decisions at times. I think people watch him just to see what he will do next. He shot one from about twenty eight feet with 18 seconds on the shot clock the other night. Auburn helped OM by not taking care of the ball in the second half but OM played a lot better after half time. There are a lot of SEC teams that there isn't much difference in. You have a few at the top, then most of the rest and a couple at the bottom. OM should finally get a few games over .500 in conference in the next week or so.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Jerry Palm Bracketology has us in the first four out.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Jerry Palm Bracketology has us in the first four out.

So I am guessing if we closed out UT, we would have been last 4 in?

"Ole Miss is 1-8 against the top 50, and that win is over Tennessee, which is probably not a tournament team. They don't have any bad losses, but haven't really done anything to get the selection committee's attention either. Unfortunately, the SEC will not give them many chances to do that."

We would have to come pretty close to winning out, and would need to beat South Carolina.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Creighton, Middle TN, Kentucky, Florida, South Carolina and Baylor are the teams we have played that are pretty much a lock to get in the tournament. We are 0-6 against them. As it stands now we are behind Arkansas and Alabama in the SEC with similar over all records. TN is one game back of us in conference and we split with them. I guess it's possible OM could beat out all of the three mentioned who probably aren't locks but would have to beat Alabama and Arkansas. If OM were to go there would be a lot of deserving teams that would be irate unless things change. I think the real question should be why we are still trying to figure a path for the stars to line up to get in a 68 team field in year eleven with the talent OM puts on the floor. This team should have been a lock. Sounds to me like it is the same thing as years past. Do just enough to get mentioned. If OM would quit playing powder puffs and play good out of conference competition it would do three things. (1) it would help build the program. Better competition makes you better. (2) it would remove all doubt on what kind of program OM has. This may be why we don't do it and (3) it would insure that if we were good enough we would go to the NCAA tournament.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

55chevy wrote:Creighton, Middle TN, Kentucky, Florida, South Carolina and Baylor are the teams we have played that are pretty much a lock to get in the tournament. We are 0-6 against them. As it stands now we are behind Arkansas and Alabama in the SEC with similar over all records. TN is one game back of us in conference and we split with them. I guess it's possible OM could beat out all of the three mentioned who probably aren't locks but would have to beat Alabama and Arkansas. If OM were to go there would be a lot of deserving teams that would be irate unless things change. I think the real question should be why we are still trying to figure a path for the stars to line up to get in a 68 team field in year eleven with the talent OM puts on the floor. This team should have been a lock. Sounds to me like it is the same thing as years past. Do just enough to get mentioned. If OM would quit playing powder puffs and play good out of conference competition it would do three things. (1) it would help build the program. Better competition makes you better. (2) it would remove all doubt on what kind of program OM has. This may be why we don't do it and (3) it would insure that if we were good enough we would go to the NCAA tournament.
They did play a decent ooc schedule. Our sos proves that, we're #31. That's not to bad. Other than the big 12- SEC challenge, the only way we can play top teams is in holiday tournements, unless we just go to their place. Very few P5 schools will play a home and home with us in basketball. But we have been trying to up grade our ooc, along with the rest of the conference. I think at least 4 teams will go dancing from the SEC this year.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

rebeljim wrote:
55chevy wrote:Creighton, Middle TN, Kentucky, Florida, South Carolina and Baylor are the teams we have played that are pretty much a lock to get in the tournament. We are 0-6 against them. As it stands now we are behind Arkansas and Alabama in the SEC with similar over all records. TN is one game back of us in conference and we split with them. I guess it's possible OM could beat out all of the three mentioned who probably aren't locks but would have to beat Alabama and Arkansas. If OM were to go there would be a lot of deserving teams that would be irate unless things change. I think the real question should be why we are still trying to figure a path for the stars to line up to get in a 68 team field in year eleven with the talent OM puts on the floor. This team should have been a lock. Sounds to me like it is the same thing as years past. Do just enough to get mentioned. If OM would quit playing powder puffs and play good out of conference competition it would do three things. (1) it would help build the program. Better competition makes you better. (2) it would remove all doubt on what kind of program OM has. This may be why we don't do it and (3) it would insure that if we were good enough we would go to the NCAA tournament.
They did play a decent ooc schedule. Our sos proves that, we're #31. That's not to bad. Other than the big 12- SEC challenge, the only way we can play top teams is in holiday tournements, unless we just go to their place. Very few P5 schools will play a home and home with us in basketball. But we have been trying to up grade our ooc, along with the rest of the conference. I think at least 4 teams will go dancing from the SEC this year.
So what you are saying is that teams like Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Arizona, Gonzaga and a host of others are afraid to schedule a home and home against us. Our non conference wins are a combined six games under .500 and it is a lot worse than that if you take TN Martin and Memphis off. Minus those two it's about 25-30 under .500. I am willing to believe a lot of things but I don't believe for one minute that OM doesn't pack the non conference schedule with teams that they think they can beat. Nobody can think beating any of the teams we beat in non conference could possibly help us come tournament time. I also think the SEC could possibly get four teams in. I don't see five under any circumstances. I think for OM to go they have to beat Arkansas and Alabama without slipping up against the teams they are supposed to beat......like LSU tonight.
Last edited by 55chevy on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Did I say they were afraid to play us??? What I said was they will not do a home and home with us. And they won't. We played a decent ooc, don't care what u say. #31 isn"t bad for our sos. One of the main reasons we play in the holiday tournaments is to help our ooc.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

If our SOS is really #31 it is because of SEC play plus Baylor,Memphis and Creighton. It has nothing to do with the other eight hand picked victims. I can see one or two to start the year but there is nothing to be gained from beating Oral Roberts or South Alabama. Just another thing we disagree on. We are headed into the middle of Feb. and still don't have one good quality win. Matter of fact we don't have one win against a team that is favored to play in the tournament unless TN goes and we get left behind. It's laughable that you talk about our SOS when we haven't beaten one team who is going to the tournament. With six regular season games left our best wins are against Memphis who probably isn't going and two very average teams in Auburn and TN who probably aren't going either. Year eleven and absolutely nothing has changed. Dead .500 in conference, praying somebody gives us something we haven't earned and the same glaring problems on this team the others have had. Shoot, I think we ought to extend is contract again.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

U can say what ever u want to say. Our sos is #31, period. Gonna get ready for the game, hope we win. Doubt u feel the same way.
Last edited by rebeljim on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend