Can we do it

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Since 2014, only one team, Minnesota, has been left out of the NCAA Tournament with a Top 50 RPI and a Top 50 strength of schedule. The Gophers were 19-13. By comparison, Ole Miss entered play Tuesday night with an RPI of 60 and a strength of schedule of 31. Arkansas is 18-7 (7-5 SEC) on the year, with a RPI rank of 43 and SOS rank of 70.
CBS bracketologist Jerry Palm recently listed Ole Miss third of his first four teams out of the NCAA Tournament. Arkansas was first. ESPN’s Joe Lunardi had the Razorbacks as his last team in.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Chucky_38
All American
All American

It'll be tough. But yeah we can make. It's gonna take winning out or at least 4-1 from here on but we can do it. Another good win tonight.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Three road games out of the five left. I really don't know how good Alabama is. I know they are improved but it will be interesting when we play them. OM is capable of beating anybody on the schedule but they are also capable of getting beat by any one left also. I would think we just about have to beat Ms State and Missouri and we should. Arkansas and Alabama on the road are winnable and it's not out of the realm of possibility to beat South Carolina at home. The thing is that Alabama and Arkansas are ahead of us in conference so I would think they would get the nod over us if they beat us head to head. I think there is one spot left for Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss, GA and TN. especially since they will be playing each other so somebody has to lose. It's going to be interesting. Ole Miss is as good as the other teams if they play. Arkansas probably has the toughest schedule left. I'm not sure if 3-2 is good enough without a good SEC tournament.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

The key is we have to beat Arkansas first or we will see the NIT or worse.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:The key is we have to beat Arkansas first or we will see the NIT or worse.

I will only believe we have a shot if we beat Arkansas, and I don't think we will.. A team that has no true point guard, vs a team that presses you for 40 minutes.. I have seen this movie before. Shots will have to fall and turnovers will need to be at a minimum. Win that, there is a chance. Right now I am giving us a 25% chance.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

To answer the original question, we CAN do it, but as usual, we WON'T do it...
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:To answer the original question, we CAN do it, but as usual, we WON'T do it...
Just need time. Building something special here.
Some Random Dude
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Give it another eleven years...
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think the blowout by Alabama showed what we really have this year. Short of winning the SEC tourney, were at best NIT bound again.