In from the game

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Good win and nice finish going 9-4 after starting 1-4 in SEC play. See the victory has the haters quiet. If this had been a loss, would've been a 3 page thread by now. Good job by AK and staff and the team.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Saiz had a great game on senior night. Listened on the radio, heard that at half time, they selected someone to attempt several shots for $$ and the guy made the shot from half court. Now on to the SEC Tourney...
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Good win and nice finish going 9-4 after starting 1-4 in SEC play. See the victory has the haters quiet. If this had been a loss, would've been a 3 page thread by now. Good job by AK and staff and the team.
There's just nothing to talk about Jim. Too little too late. We beat a good South Carolina team with apparently only 7 players.

AK, never seems to get his teams to play consistent enough to not blow chances. Broken record. But, let's give him another 11 years. I mean, we're on the brink after 11 years.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
rebeljim wrote:Good win and nice finish going 9-4 after starting 1-4 in SEC play. See the victory has the haters quiet. If this had been a loss, would've been a 3 page thread by now. Good job by AK and staff and the team.
There's just nothing to talk about Jim. Too little too late. We beat a good South Carolina team with apparently only 7 players.

AK, never seems to get his teams to play consistent enough to not blow chances. Broken record. But, let's give him another 11 years. I mean, we're on the brink after 11 years.
If we had loss, this board would've been filled with the haters like it was after the bama game. After that game, haters came out with the usual bs. This game, like several
other victories, nothing. The haters hate it when we win, so they keep quiet. But a loss brings them out. The haters have let their hate get to them. Can't see beyond their hate.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:Saiz had a great game on senior night. Listened on the radio, heard that at half time, they selected someone to attempt several shots for $$ and the guy made the shot from half court. Now on to the SEC Tourney...
Saiz was standing on the scorers table after the game soaking it all end. He kissed mid court before tip off. Good win that made the trip home enjoyable. Hope we get a home nit game.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:Saiz had a great game on senior night. Listened on the radio, heard that at half time, they selected someone to attempt several shots for $$ and the guy made the shot from half court. Now on to the SEC Tourney...
Saiz was standing on the scorers table after the game soaking it all end. He kissed mid court before tip off. Good win that made the trip home enjoyable. Hope we get a home nit game.
LOL
Some Random Dude
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
lewindha wrote:

If we had loss, this board would've been filled with the haters like it was after the bama game. After that game, haters came out with the usual bs. This game, like several
other victories, nothing. The haters hate it when we win, so they keep quiet. But a loss brings them out. The haters have let their hate get to them. Can't see beyond their hate.

I don't think there is a person on this board who WANTS AK to fail and our basketball program to be stagnant... I told you, I met the guy and think he is as cool a guy as you would meet, but I have been an Ole Miss fan long before I knew the name Andy Kennedy. We beat a good SC team last night, which makes our beat down at Bama that much more frustrating. Beat Bama and you win a couple in the tourney, we would have a shot at not having to hope to get a "home nit game". Maybe we will get hot in the tourney, until we run into that bum Mike White anyway..
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Good win with only 6 players for the most part. Some stupid actions by players like Davis getting technical and it was his 5th foul. But alls well that ends well.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Hotty Toddy!
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
rebeljim wrote:
lewindha wrote:

I don't think there is a person on this board who WANTS AK to fail and our basketball program to be stagnant... I told you, I met the guy and think he is as cool a guy as you would meet, but I have been an Ole Miss fan long before I knew the name Andy Kennedy. We beat a good SC team last night, which makes our beat down at Bama that much more frustrating. Beat Bama and you win a couple in the tourney, we would have a shot at not having to hope to get a "home nit game". Maybe we will get hot in the tourney, until we run into that bum Mike White anyway..
I disagree. There is a couple here that want us to lose as long as AK is the coach. They won't even post after a win, but post minutes after a loss. Most on here may not like AK, but still hope we do good. A couple don't.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

we might be a 2 seed in the NIT, but we need more players. Would be good to win one more to make sure.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Jim is so paranoid about anybody saying anything negative about Ak that he has convinced himself that Ole Miss fans want to see us lose. He calls it BS when people point out cold hard facts because it doesn't fit what he believes. I don't think there is anyone here that has ever said OM couldn't compete with teams like SC if they played. The problem is that they only do it every once in a while. They beat themselves as much as the other teams do. The SC win would be a great thing if it wasn't the only quality win and happened before the last regular season game. I'm sure the hater thing was partly directed at me and that's fine. I've been a Rebel fan all my life and nothing he says is going to change anything I believe. OM is long over due to go in a fresh direction and the only way more talent is going to help is if we can find a way to play with more than one ball. You are only going to get so many possessions and we certainly aren't going to try to maximize them. Jim says he believes AK deserves more time. I've long said he deserved to be gone several years ago. I guess if he stays we can always say I told you so but I hate to see the program limping along.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

55, I agree with you about Jim's prospective on the AK program. And I agree with you on your last sentence. I think Jim feels like it is he and AK fighting the world. Sometimes you have to take a step back and look at yourself in the mirror to see the situation. Let me put this in prospective:

1. If Ole Miss was an NBA team and you owned them, are you happy with the results of AK during his time with Ole Miss? He has had some great wins and some horrible losses during his tenure. Longest tenured coach ever at Ole Miss, too.
2. Not making the playoffs in the NBA is a killer for any coach. How should you look at the NCAA or does it matter?
3. Most NBA teams make a quick decision if their team hasn't reached the playoffs in a couple of years. Should colleges?

Facts are facts and it is tough when you are playing for the entertainment dollar. And whether or not you consider college sports as fighting for the entertainment dollar or not, it is a fact. Apparently, there are a lot of folks that are happy with the situation of Ole Miss basketball or they have the "chicken little" syndrome where if we change coaches, we will fail and never be competitive again. I don't believe I can tell the future nor anyone else can do this. But it is up to Ross Bjork to make this determination as he is AD and it is his job.
Last edited by GtownRebel on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Here's Pod cast from red cup about both the baseball and basketball programs. The basketball talk start around the 30 minute mark.

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2017/3/6 ... assic-2017
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

We have a eleven year track record. The NIT is filled with the teams that are left out of the only tournament that matters. Getting to the NIT should be considered a failure. There is no reason this Ole Miss team and others in the past should not have made the NCAA tournament. After eleven years you have to ask yourself just what the problem is. The answer at Ole Miss is obvious. Anybody with any knowledge of the game should know exactly what is wrong and what the reasons are that has kept Ole Miss from competing at a higher level. After eleven years expecting more than what you have already seen is insane. Yes, If AK stays at Ole Miss there will be years that they are better than others. Eventually they will go back to the NCAA tournament. Once again, when they go it will be the exception instead of what is normal. If you haven't built your program to that level in five years, five more isn't going to matter. I don't think any body here can name a coach that turned a program around after the five year mark. Most of the time they are fired after year three or four. When you are consistently in 6th, 7th, or 8th in a weak conference you don't have a winning or successful program. You have a average or mediocre program. I've seen guys post about having a consistent winning program. The only people we are consistently beating is mid majors and weak conference teams. Occasionally we will have a great game and beat a good team. Once again, it is the exception.