By scout's updated ranking

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

According to Ben on scout

In Scout’s most recent re-ranking of the top 2017 basketball prospects, Ole Miss signees Jamarko Pickett and Devontae Shuler are No. 57 and No. 99 overall, respectively.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... erence=SEC

We are currently ranked #10 with arguably the best facilities in the SEC, and a coach that will let guards shoot at will.. Excuse me for not hosting a fireworks display...
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I said before that our supposedly best class in history is only 10th in the conference. This shows how much talent difference it is between us and the rest of the league. Yet we are usually in the top half of the conference. And u have some on here that say we have as much talent as most in the confetence, which just isn't true. And the rankings bear this out. But it does appear our recruiting is picking up with the Pavilion.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Spin it any way you want but the problem isn't a lack of talent. Once again it is style of play. You want to watch the game played like it is supposed to be played tune in to Gonzaga/St Mary's tonight. You will see basketball played the way it is supposed to be played. The thing they are doing when the ball moves from one person to the other is called passing. I just thought I'd tell you that since we don't see much of it and I didn't want anybody getting confused when they saw it.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The fact is, most the teams in the SEC have more talent than we do right now, yet we usually finish in the top half of the conference. And again, AK's style of play was good enough to take a team with 4 straight losing seasons, and win over 20 games the very next year, with him earning coach of the year award. So his play must not be that bad, except to the haters, who will complain no matter what.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

His style of play has also kept us out of the NCAA tournament going on nine out of eleven years and has his conference record hovering at the .500 mark. Forgive me if I'm not ready to have a parade for him for getting us back to the NIT. We have plenty enough talent to compete. I'm sorry if you can't recognize that. Real sports is measured on the playing field, not with stars your recruits are projected with. There will be numerous teams in the NCA tournament this year with less talent than we put on the floor every night.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Jim, does Alabama have more, less, or about the same talent as us?
GtownRebel
All American
All American

rebeljim wrote:I said before that our supposedly best class in history is only 10th in the conference. This shows how much talent difference it is between us and the rest of the league. Yet we are usually in the top half of the conference. And u have some on here that say we have as much talent as most in the confetence, which just isn't true. And the rankings bear this out. But it does appear our recruiting is picking up with the Pavilion.
If our best class in history is ranked 10th in the conference in a conference that is ranked 5th or 6th in the nation and we have the new arena that is supposed to help with recruiting, doesn't this sound weird? It does show that AK does coach the kids up to come in at 5th in the league this year. But the original argument to getting the Pavilion, besides it need to be replaced and thank God it has been, was it was supposed to help recruiting. It appears it did to some degree, but is it enough to get us to the dance? Everyone has an opinion on this. If we keep getting good players and not winning enough to make the dance, then the conclusion is the problem has to be some place else.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

MageeRebel425 wrote:Jim, does Alabama have more, less, or about the same talent as us?
We have as much basketball talent as most teams in the SEC. Where we are lacking is at the post position. The main reason we can't recruit those players is that nobody with any sense wants to come rebound the ball only to watch one of the first people to touch it jack it from down town. SS is a very good player but what he get's he get's on his own. Nobody has made or will make a concentrated effort to throw the ball to the post man. Heck, let's be realistic, nobody makes a concentrated effort to pass the ball period. The first player who can get one off let's it fly. If it was a talent problem we would be getting killed on the boards. It simply doesn't happen.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

55chevy wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:Jim, does Alabama have more, less, or about the same talent as us?
We have as much basketball talent as most teams in the SEC. Where we are lacking is at the post position. The main reason we can't recruit those players is that nobody with any sense wants to come rebound the ball only to watch one of the first people to touch it jack it from down town. SS is a very good player but what he get's he get's on his own. Nobody has made or will make a concentrated effort to throw the ball to the post man. Heck, let's be realistic, nobody makes a concentrated effort to pass the ball period. The first player who can get one off let's it fly. If it was a talent problem we would be getting killed on the boards. It simply doesn't happen.
Funny that we lead the nation in made free throws. We don't do that by just coming down and jacking them up. They are driving to the basket to get that many free throws. So as usual, u are WRONG. And if u go back and check recruiting rankings, u will find we usually finish towards the bottom. That hopefully will change some, we'll see. And Saiz wouldn't be averaging a double double if they weren't passing him the ball. But with the double and triple teams he's facing, makes it hard to get him the ball. That's where our biggest weakness is, at the 4. If we had more scoring out of the 4, they wouldn't double Said so much. And we also have two 7 footers next year, so again, WRONG.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The fact that SS does have so many double/doubles reinforces what I posted. He get's a lot of his points off offensive rebounds. You know nobody's passing the ball just by looking at our assist. I'm not going to look it up but I think it was 227th in the nation. 12.9 assist a game means that it is over three and a half minutes between passes that produce a basket ON AVERAGE. Nobody averages four assist a game and the starting point guard is under two a game. You can't have a assist without somebody throwing you the ball. Ever wonder why we shoot free throws so well but struggle to shoot from the field. It's because of shot selection. We have the worst half court offense in the SEC, you know why, yep, it's that pesky shot selection again along with the fact that we simply play selfish on offense. You may know recruiting and maybe a little about football or baseball but it is plain to see you are clueless about basketball. Just the idea that you think I'm wrong makes me fairly certain I'm right yet again.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

55chevy wrote:The fact that SS does have so many double/doubles reinforces what I posted. He get's a lot of his points off offensive rebounds. You know nobody's passing the ball just by looking at our assist. I'm not going to look it up but I think it was 227th in the nation. 12.9 assist a game means that it is over three and a half minutes between passes that produce a basket ON AVERAGE. Nobody averages four assist a game and the starting point guard is under two a game. You can't have a assist without somebody throwing you the ball. Ever wonder why we shoot free throws so well but struggle to shoot from the field. It's because of shot selection. We have the worst half court offense in the SEC, you know why, yep, it's that pesky shot selection again along with the fact that we simply play selfish on offense. You may know recruiting and maybe a little about football or baseball but it is plain to see you are clueless about basketball. Just the idea that you think I'm wrong makes me fairly certain I'm right yet again.
Yeah, I know, u are a brain. Enjoy your brilliant self. We drive the lane, not just jack it up all the time like u say, hench all the free throws we shoot. Not how well we shoot, although that"s from practice, aka good coaching. U don't shoot that many free throws from shooting from the outside. That's from driving the lane, nothing else. I'm tired of this. Enjoy your big brain, I got money on many of these games, excuse me while I root for the teams I bet on.