GATECH

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
lewindha wrote:And Andy Katz is more than right. The fact that you have been satisfied with 2 tourney appearances in 11 years proves it.
He's right cause he fits your agenda. I have watched every game on TV that I didn't go to, including the exhibition game. every announcer, and I mean ever announcer on every network bragged on the job Andy is doing. And I'm sure u have heard them to. Coach after coach say the same thing. U remember what Cal was saying after their game at our house I know. I don't think AK or anyone else is satisfied not going dancing. So again, Andy Katz knows nothing. I think AK has 2 more years, guess we'll find out. But I'm sticking with saying I think we go next year.
I actually have a theory of why Cal always takes AK's back. It's b/c he doesn't want him going anywhere b/c he knows exactly what he's getting with AK. And I don't think I've heard an announcer talk bad about a coach during a game.

Here's to 11 more years and two more tourneys.
Some Random Dude
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
rebeljim wrote:
lewindha wrote:And Andy Katz is more than right. The fact that you have been satisfied with 2 tourney appearances in 11 years proves it.
He's right cause he fits your agenda. I have watched every game on TV that I didn't go to, including the exhibition game. every announcer, and I mean ever announcer on every network bragged on the job Andy is doing. And I'm sure u have heard them to. Coach after coach say the same thing. U remember what Cal was saying after their game at our house I know. I don't think AK or anyone else is satisfied not going dancing. So again, Andy Katz knows nothing. I think AK has 2 more years, guess we'll find out. But I'm sticking with saying I think we go next year.
I actually have a theory of why Cal always takes AK's back. It's b/c he doesn't want him going anywhere b/c he knows exactly what he's getting with AK. And I don't think I've heard an announcer talk bad about a coach during a game.

But hey, we were so close to the final 4 this year..
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
rebeljim wrote:

That's funny Eric. And like I said before, I'm sure Cal's worried about us becoming a power house if we get rid of AK. Or, maybe, just maybe, Cal and the others know a little more about what it takes to win here than some of our own fans. I just find it comical that anyone would think AK is preventing us from being a power house in basketball. Especially since we've won more since he's been here than ever before. But, hey, to each his own.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Which is it? He's won more at Ole Miss than anyone else and that makes him a great coach? Or our basketball program is so bad historically, we can't expect better?

You use the winningest coach thing as an accolade, then in the same breath devalue it talking about how horrible our program is historically. The winningest coach thing isn't THAT much of an accomplishment with our history.

And the 'lovers' just don't get it. Nobody expects us to be a powerhouse. But, that's always your go to thing to belittle our side of it.

We expect better than 2 in 11. We don't expect to be Kentucky. Not even close.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

And it seems the haters don't get it either. AK has done enough to deserve a chance with the Pavilion. And last I saw, he is being giving that chance. And so for, he's done what was expected, bringing in a good class. Now I expect he will be given the chance to coach those players, something he hasn't had a chance to do yet. But I doubt the haters can understand this, cause they sure haven't yet.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:And it seems the haters don't get it either. AK has done enough to deserve a chance with the Pavilion. And last I saw, he is being giving that chance. And so for, he's done what was expected, bringing in a good class. Now I expect he will be given the chance to coach those players, something he hasn't had a chance to do yet. But I doubt the haters can understand this, cause they sure haven't yet.

The Pavilion was not erected overnight. It has been used in recruiting with the previous two classes. So we can't expect to get to be on equal ground as South Carolina? Programming note, LSU just got more serious about basketball.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
rebeljim wrote:And it seems the haters don't get it either. AK has done enough to deserve a chance with the Pavilion. And last I saw, he is being giving that chance. And so for, he's done what was expected, bringing in a good class. Now I expect he will be given the chance to coach those players, something he hasn't had a chance to do yet. But I doubt the haters can understand this, cause they sure haven't yet.

The Pavilion was not erected overnight. It has been used in recruiting with the previous two classes. So we can't expect to get to be on equal ground as South Carolina? Programming note, LSU just got more serious about basketball.
And he also got a top 100 pg in the first class to the Pavilion. So with 2 top 100 players in this class. that's 3 top 100 players in his first 2 classes to the Pavilion. And it was only opened for conference play last year, so this year was the first full year it's been opened. And the talent level on the team appears to be going up with the new arena to recruit to. So again, he has to have time to actually coach the players before judgement is rendered.... I hope all the haters can somehow understand this. Although I really doubt it.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Give AK a couple of years. What could it hurt? He has 2 seven footers coming in with 3 four star players if they show signs of playing better than the past couple of years in the next 2 years, then what Jim has been saying before the Pavilion was built is true. Really, we have nothing to lose at this point. Just my opinion.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We can agree on that... Nothing can be lost that has not been won...
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ga. Tech just beat CS Bakersfield 76-61. Looking like they're play TCU in the NIT final.