Interesting stat from last season

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Saw this on another board.

Ole Miss was 18-1 when they scored 80 or more points.
Rebels were 4-13 when they scored fewer than 80.
Andy Kennedy has added a lot of firepower to a squad that averaged 78ppg a year ago.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:22 pm Saw this on another board.

Andy Kennedy has added a lot of firepower to a squad that averaged 78ppg a year ago.
What kind of year would be a success to you? What would be a disappointing season?
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:07 am

What kind of year would be a success to you? What would be a disappointing season?
Successful year, dancing. Disappointing year. Not going anywhere. Wonder how strong the SEC will be this year. Mo. may have the #1 draft pick, but hoping we can make enough noise to go dancing. We got another commit yesterday, this class appears to be pretty good. Waiting to see if us or Wichita St. gets Lomax, think it's down to us 2. If we get him, the early class will be good. Of course, it could be better if our sorry administration would support the program, but...... Pretty sure we will do much better than the what was picked for us, 10th in the league. The SEC has been recruiting a lot better lately. But I enter this season with hopes of dancing. AK has shown he can bring good talent to the Pavilion, but idiot vitter could help the program with just a little support.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:43 am
MageeRebel425 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:07 am

Successful year, dancing. Disappointing year. Not going anywhere. Wonder how strong the SEC will be this year. Mo. may have the #1 draft pick, but hoping we can make enough noise to go dancing. We got another commit yesterday, this class appears to be pretty good. Waiting to see if us or Wichita St. gets Lomax, think it's down to us 2. If we get him, the early class will be good. Of course, it could be better if our sorry administration would support the program, but...... Pretty sure we will do much better than the what was picked for us, 10th in the league. The SEC has been recruiting a lot better lately. But I enter this season with hopes of dancing. AK has shown he can bring good talent to the Pavilion, but idiot vitter could help the program with just a little support.
Exactly what type of support does the basketball program need to be successful that it is not currently getting? I keep seeing that the admin doesn't support basketball, and I'm just curious what specifically they should be doing that they are not currently doing.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I have posted all about what has happened this past year, no sense rehashing it. The fact is our administration DOES NOT support the staff. Go look where our last recruiting class ended up being ranked, compared to what it was before our administration's support.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:30 am I have posted all about what has happened this past year, no sense rehashing it. The fact is our administration DOES NOT support the staff. Go look where our last recruiting class ended up being ranked, compared to what it was before our administration's support.
So does the administration support the program or not? Your last statement makes it seem like they do now. I asked a simple question, not for you to rehash anything. Name ONE specific thing our administration could do to support the basketball program and make it better that it is not currently doing.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Just got in from that sorry football game, what a crock. No the administration isn't supporting the program. Our assistants pay is dead last in the conference, and Andy makes roughly $100,000 a year more than the LSU coach, who's pay is dead last, who was just hired. In the Pavilion's first year, Andy showed he can be an elite recruiter by bringing in the 16th rated class in the nation, only to have vitter blow it up, costing us 2 of our 3 high school signees. vitter's crap also cost us our lead recruiter, who had been with Andy since he got here. He made a lateral move to LSU, making roughly TWICE what he was making here. So no, I'd say our administration IS NOT supporting our program. Other teams in the SEC have upped their recruiting, we have a chancellor chasing off recruits and coaches, and not paying competitive salaries. vitter also went against his AD and some big basketball boosters wishes (what very few we have) and that's what's caused all this crap.