AK Farewell Tour

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

Unless OM miraculously ends up dancing...I believe we turn the page on AK. My question is who do you want to see hired? I'm easy but I would prefer a coach who has consistently made the dance at an equal or snaller program.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:08 pm Unless OM miraculously ends up dancing...I believe we turn the page on AK. My question is who do you want to see hired? I'm easy but I would prefer a coach who has consistently made the dance at an equal or snaller program.
Would prefer an up and comer that has flipped 2 programs. Usually we collapse so much later, this is a new development. Andy and Mike White make comparable money. You at least have to ask. I know Florida is the 2nd best job in the conference, but still. Nostalgia might work for us. We have wasted our state of the art arena, to this point.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Think we, or should I say Ross, missed the boat on white. Think we could have had him if Bjork had the foresight or the awareness to dump AK a couple years ago. Another reason to get rid of Bjork IMO...that and for being stupid enough to think that cooperating with the NCAA would help our cause.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:20 pm Think we, or should I say Ross, missed the boat on white. Think we could have had him if Bjork had the foresight or the awareness to dump AK a couple years ago. Another reason to get rid of Bjork IMO...that and for being stupid enough to think that cooperating with the NCAA would help our cause.
Agree on both counts..
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Y'all do know Fla. had lost 3 straight before they won yesterday. Including one home loss of being favored by 16 1/2 points to Loyola of Chicago. I think all that has happened in the last 8 months has finally taken it's toll on the program.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

And just think, this is AK’s most talented team yet.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

His best and most talented team was the one that won 27 games. This team has no inside game, the 27 win team had Buckner and Holloway. This team also has no leaders. After this season when AK is gone, I'm through with basketball until the new coaches prove to me it's worth going to see. This will be my last year of going to the games until the program with the new regime proves otherwise. Quite frankly, I expect us to fall back to where we use to be before AK came, minus the few years when we were raiding arkie for prospects.
Last edited by rebeljim on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Always found it funny that non Ole Miss people always thought more of AK than us. Cal at Ky. always spoke highly of him, as do other coaches and announcers. This came from ed's.

The reality is that UM’s administration (at the best of one or two big money boosters) made a couple of mind numbingly stupid moves that have severely hampered AK’s ability to do his job over the past 8 months. They basically sabotaged the best coach they’ve ever had for no reason. For better or worse, AK likely won’t be coaching there much longer. UM thinks they can do better- we’ll see how that works out for them.

I think this is the year they run AK. I actually like AK. My favorite personality in the league and the best coach they’ve ever had. After he leaves they’ll soon learn their place in the SEC in basketball and that’s the bottom of the league.

I kinda think I want AK to win just enough to stay.

No you don't. He's a pretty good coach. Fire him and OM more likely than not moves closer to being the two built-in conferences wins per year we'd like them to be.

Agreed. We want them to be Rick Ray’ed.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.ph ... iddle-Tenn
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Chucky_38 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:08 pm Unless OM miraculously ends up dancing...I believe we turn the page on AK. My question is who do you want to see hired? I'm easy but I would prefer a coach who has consistently made the dance at an equal or snaller program.
Lost our chance on Michael White, so I'd say Kermit Davis, Jr. I know he's not a "young" coach, but he owns the SEC with lesser talent.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

rebeljim wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:01 pm His best and most talented team was the one that won 27 games. This team has no inside game, the 27 win team had Buckner and Holloway. This team also has no leaders. After this season when AK is gone, I'm through with basketball until the new coaches prove to me it's worth going to see. This will be my last year of going to the games until the program with the new regime proves otherwise. Quite frankly, I expect us to fall back to where we use to be before AK came, minus the few years when we were raiding arkie for prospects.
I've attended several coaches clinics that featured AK, and the aspects of the game that he claims to emphasize and "work on every day", I never see in our games. We are the least disciplined team in the league, which is evident by our late-game collapses against lesser opponents. We also struggle mightily with team chemistry due to the number of "hired guns" he brings into the program. When was the last team that he actually developed the players for 3-4 years? Cal knows how to coach the "one-and-dones"...not many others have that ability.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:12 pm Always found it funny that non Ole Miss people always thought more of AK than us. Cal at Ky. always spoke highly of him, as do other coaches and announcers. This came from ed's.

The reality is that UM’s administration (at the best of one or two big money boosters) made a couple of mind numbingly stupid moves that have severely hampered AK’s ability to do his job over the past 8 months. They basically sabotaged the best coach they’ve ever had for no reason. For better or worse, AK likely won’t be coaching there much longer. UM thinks they can do better- we’ll see how that works out for them.

I think this is the year they run AK. I actually like AK. My favorite personality in the league and the best coach they’ve ever had. After he leaves they’ll soon learn their place in the SEC in basketball and that’s the bottom of the league.

I kinda think I want AK to win just enough to stay.

No you don't. He's a pretty good coach. Fire him and OM more likely than not moves closer to being the two built-in conferences wins per year we'd like them to be.

Agreed. We want them to be Rick Ray’ed.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.ph ... iddle-Tenn

Name one coach, in any sport, who has been on the hot seat who did not get support from outsiders, especially commentators who cover the games?
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Jeez we suck.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Back from the game. Really *beep* off. We are one ignorant basketball team. The IQ on this team is really low. Davis has NO basketball sense, none. We quit getting the ball inside during OT, why I don't know. That's what got us back in the game, and fouled out half their team. Throw the stupid ball to Stevens, crap. This team just has never jelled, unlike most all other AK teams. Haven't checked, but don't think we've ever had this record this far into this season before under Andy. Seems the team has no leader, doesn't have that go to guy down the stretch, and until today, no inside presence. And way too many times, the players ain't on the same page. Just haven't jelled. Worst start under Andy.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Almost choked in regulation, handing the ball back with 3 seconds. I figured once it went into overtime, we will be in great shape here. Southern Illinois has fouled out their best players.. We are at home... We have better players... I was wrong... #IHopeSoftballComesHot
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

from AK post game :
"It is embarrassing for me to have put so much blood, sweat and tears into this program to have to coach effort at this point," "It is ridiculous, but I am coaching it every single day."
"We have tried so many things to light a fire," . "We haven't been successful doing that."

Kennedy spoke candidly about his team's effort and will to win after this sour loss that dropped Ole Miss to 5-5 on the season.

"We have hit adversity early," Kennedy said. "It has fragmented us as opposed to bring us together."
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!