AK Farewell Tour

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

GtownRebel
All American
All American

Maybe true but the way this was handled shows the current Chancellor is either listening to the wrong people or has no clue as to handle the situation. You back the coaches or get rid of them. You don't do what Vitter did and expect people to come see the team play. It is all about money honestly and this guy is the worst I have seen in a long time. From knowing nothing about NCAA and football to basketball...what else can he *beep* up? Is he a Dog in sheep's clothing?

And I don't particularly care for AK's style of play or coaching, but good grief don't stab him in the back and smile while doing it. Very disrespectful.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

And...we lost. Again. One game above 500. I really don’t think this team will finish with a winning record.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
Goroth

Chucky_38 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:13 pm And...we lost. Again. One game above 500. I really don’t think this team will finish with a winning record.
Depends if we have more home games than away games. But it is a sloppy mess this year. Luckily the SEC isn't that good. Still yet I don't see how this team survives the season. That very well may follow the coach.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

That’s it. After losing at home again...don’t see anyway this team do anything but lose out. Maybe win a couple but it’s a losing season regardless. AK is gone no matter what anyway so let’s start throwing some names out.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It's over.. Worst product AK has produced, with arguably the most talent.. It's over, just waiting for the credits...
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

from Coach Kennedy:

“We certainly shifted momentum (at halftime),” Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy said. “I thought we had energy in the locker room at the half. This team is puzzling. It’s puzzling for me as the head coach. We come out in the second half, can’t get stops. We just refused to bend our knees and get stops. Schematically, you can only do so much, and we try to change our defenses when we can. But you’ve got to take it personal and you’ve got to sit down and suck it up and make a play. I thought even when we did we couldn’t come up with a loose ball. We get technical fouls, which kind of was a big momentum-shifter early in the (second) half.

“When you look at the numbers, you allow your opponent to shoot 52 percent in the second half and you shoot 27. You realize, in Baton Rouge, it isn’t going to go our way.”

“Six left and we go back home on Tuesday,” Kennedy said. “As I told our guys, ‘Listen, you can continue to pout and feel sorry for yourself, and that’s an easy thing to do. Or you can find a way to grind your way out of this.’ We’ll see what they choose.”
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:19 pm It's over.. Worst product AK has produced, with arguably the most talent.. It's over, just waiting for the credits...
Calling this team the most talented is laughable. I admit thinking it would be more talented than it turned out. No one on this team would start for the Henderson led team, no one. This team has no leader, no go to guy, and no inside presence. And they don't even act like they want to play as a team. Totally disgusted with them. Hate it for AK.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yeah, it's never AK's fault, sign him up for another 12 years. It'll get better.
Some Random Dude
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I’ve heard ak blame the players. I’ve heard cal blame the players. I’ve heard mike somethingski blame his players. That’s enough to let me know there is some player head problems but ultimately it all falls on the coach. He has to get thru to them. Maybe recruiting “I want to” players is the way to go these days but it still falls on the coach
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:44 pm
MageeRebel425 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:19 pm It's over.. Worst product AK has produced, with arguably the most talent.. It's over, just waiting for the credits...
Calling this team the most talented is laughable. I admit thinking it would be more talented than it turned out. No one on this team would start for the Henderson led team, no one. This team has no leader, no go to guy, and no inside presence. And they don't even act like they want to play as a team. Totally disgusted with them. Hate it for AK.
Isn't AK the one that chose these players that you are "disgusted" with?
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If I had the time and cared enough, I would go back to multiple times where you said THIS TEAM should be NCAA or bust... Davis has tools, but has regressed, as most AK products do. There is no volume shooter on this team.. AK style of basketball is have guards that can launch it and hope they score enough to outscore an opponent. There is no Clarence Sanders, Chris Warren, Marshal Henderson, Steph Moody on this team and it is showing, big time! We have a big men that have skill sets, but no clue how to play a post game. I am not going to argue with you, thankfully, it is almost over. I do wish AK well in the future, but time for a change is long long overdue.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 am
If I had the time and cared enough, I would go back to multiple times where you said THIS TEAM should be NCAA or bust... Davis has tools, but has regressed, as most AK products do. There is no volume shooter on this team.. AK style of basketball is have guards that can launch it and hope they score enough to outscore an opponent. There is no Clarence Sanders, Chris Warren, Marshal Henderson, Steph Moody on this team and it is showing, big time! We have a big men that have skill sets, but no clue how to play a post game. I am not going to argue with you, thankfully, it is almost over. I do wish AK well in the future, but time for a change is long long overdue.
What other players regressed under AK before this year. Doubt u can name any. U haters will get your wish. Andy is gone. I'll be watching on tv to see how the new coach does. It'll be some time before I go to another game. As long as vitter is our chancellor........
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

rebeljim wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:26 am
MageeRebel425 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 am

What other players regressed under AK before this year. Doubt u can name any. U haters will get your wish. Andy is gone. I'll be watching on tv to see how the new coach does. It'll be some time before I go to another game. As long as vitter is our chancellor........
But the thing is, it can’t get worse! I always tried to like AK and take up for him, but what has he done? The bar was so low before that he didn’t have to do much to please most, it’s time to take it to the next level and we’ll never get there with him. It’s frustrating watching his teams play.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

It can get a lot worse. This hire is huge. It’s going to be very difficult for a coach to do what we are asking of him here.
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I agree it could get slightly worse without AK but I also don’t think it could get any better with him. Instead of being stagnant, I’m glad we’re risking improvement. If it doesn’t get better under a new coach, fire him and hire another.