AK Farewell Tour

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Goroth

AK's bounce back tour....anyone?
GtownRebel
All American
All American

To open the season at home for SEC games is so unusual for Ole Miss. tough starting most seasons away to open SEC play, regardless of who the coach is.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:23 am AK's bounce back tour....anyone?
This would make me very happy, but I don't see that happening. Just think he leaves, either on his own, or being fired. Think too much damage has been done to the program. Thanks vitter.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

I listened to radio..... at least its a win!!!
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Got a good win over MSU today. Trailed by 13 at one point in the first half and trailed by 8 or 9 at the half. Good to see some fight in the second half, and it’s always good to beat the dogs. We’ve pretty much owned them in basketball lately, that’s 8 of the last 9 against them.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Good win and nice adjustments by Andy in the 2nd half. Don't know what's wrong with Davis. And got a free shirt for going, win-win.
Goroth

Losing to Florida pretty much ends all hope for the season. Have my fingers crossed.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Have no idea what's wrong with this team. Beginning to wonder about their mind set. Were they mentally prepared, or came into the season thinking they were better than they are. This team still has no leader, no go to guy. Our rebounding is horrible. Defense has been much better, unless we miss everything we throw at the rim, like the 2nd half of last night. Even our free throw shooting is horrible. Ole Miss entered play last night ranked #176 in the NCAA in free throw percentage, making 71 percent as a team. At one point last night, the Rebels were 3 for 9 in the second half and trailed by one. They then missed the front end of 2 straight one and one on back to back possessions. Then turned it over the very next time down the court. Last year we were #36 in the country free throw shooting. Those overtime losses could've been victories IF we make our free throws. But, woulda, coulda, shoulda. From #36 to #176, just wonder how mentally prepared we came into this season. Look how Davis is playing, or not playing I should say. Did he prepare properly during the off season? I'm going Saturday for the Fla. game, hope we show up and at least give effort. If we lose this one, I'm probably through going to the games this year, will watch on tv. Something I'll be doing for sometime once we fire AK at season's end. Will not go to any games UNTIL they prove to me a coaching change was needed, after the way they did Andy.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:10 pm If we lose this one, I'm probably through going to the games this year, will watch on tv. Something I'll be doing for sometime once we fire AK at season's end. Will not go to any games UNTIL they prove to me a coaching change was needed, after the way they did Andy.
I'm no sure what more proof you need that a coaching change is needed. All the problems you laid out in your post are the same things many on here have been complaining about for YEARS. The team has no leader, whose fault is that? The team is not mentally prepared for a game. Whose fault is that? The team did not prepare during the offseason. Whose fault is that? You can cry all you want about "the way they did Andy", but dammit at some point ANDY has to freakin step up. I find it very difficult to believe that there are 0 players out there willing to come to OM and be coachable and play the game the way it's supposed to be played.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:30 pm
rebeljim wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:10 pm If we lose this one, I'm probably through going to the games this year, will watch on tv. Something I'll be doing for sometime once we fire AK at season's end. Will not go to any games UNTIL they prove to me a coaching change was needed, after the way they did Andy.
I'm no sure what more proof you need that a coaching change is needed. All the problems you laid out in your post are the same things many on here have been complaining about for YEARS. The team has no leader, whose fault is that? The team is not mentally prepared we for a game. Whose fault is that? The team did not prepare during the offseason. Whose fault is that? You can cry all you want about "the way they did Andy", but dammit at some point ANDY has to freakin step up. I find it very difficult to believe that there are 0 players out there willing to come to OM and be coachable and play the game the way it's supposed to be played.
Wrong, our teams in the past under Andy did have leaders. They did have go to guys. According to our preseason predictions every year, we over achieve EVERY year under Andy. I haven't checked, but I don't think we've ever entered conference play with 5 losses during AK. This team is completely different than any of Andy's other teams. Guess it's his fault our team suddenly forgot how to shoot free throws. But our administration needs to hear the speech Coach West gave the tiger high administration about their football program when he left, about our basketball program. They need to get behind the staff, whoever that may be, and try and give it what it needs. We go on about how Luke needs to get the best assistants for our football program, for recruiting and all. Well, we need to put money into our basketball program, instead of being DEAD last in money going to coaches. We also need some big money boosters, something we have very little of. There's a reason why Andy is the only coach with a winning record at our school in basketball. And I will still say if he had the help and support from our crappy administration, he could lift our program higher than it is now. Course, we'll never see how true that is. Good luck with the new coach. I'll be watching on tv.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

LOL. In all this time nothing has ever been AK's fault. It's beyond ridiculous.

You've going on for years about how we're bad fans b/c we don't support Andy. Now it looks like a change will be made and all of the sudden you're out.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Have always complained about the administration, nothing else as for as helping our program.The fans have nothing to do with wins and losses, at least not much. Have argued with yall on here about AK, but that has norhing to do with winning. Have always complained about that the lack of support basketball gets from our administration. And that's unfortunately still true. I'll start going to games again after they show me they're going to the tourney with the new hire, not until. My 2 tickets won't hurt Ole Miss. But I don't have to like what's being done, and have the right to stay home and watch on tv. I think there's a really good chance we fall back once the new coach gets here. Don't have any confidence in our administration, which I'm sure u can guess by now. Think our chancellor is as sorry as u can get. But one of u AK haters can have my tickets next year. I'll watch it on the tellie.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:18 pm Have always complained about the administration, nothing else as for as helping our program.The fans have nothing to do with wins and losses, at least not much. Have argued with yall on here about AK, but that has norhing to do with winning. Have always complained about that the lack of support basketball gets from our administration. And that's unfortunately still true. I'll start going to games again after they show me they're going to the tourney with the new hire, not until. My 2 tickets won't hurt Ole Miss. But I don't have to like what's being done, and have the right to stay home and watch on tv. I think there's a really good chance we fall back once the new coach gets here. Don't have any confidence in our administration, which I'm sure u can guess by now. Think our chancellor is as sorry as u can get. But one of u AK haters can have my tickets next year. I'll watch it on the tellie.
We're not going to the tourney now. So you are going to boycott Ole Miss basketball now b/c they fire a guy that's not great, but doesn't suck?

So, you've been a huge basketball supporter for years despite NOT going to the tourney. But, now you're boycotting them until they can make the tourney with a new hire?
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:22 am
rebeljim wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:18 pm Have always complained about the administration, nothing else as for as helping our program.The fans have nothing to do with wins and losses, at least not much. Have argued with yall on here about AK, but that has norhing to do with winning. Have always complained about that the lack of support basketball gets from our administration. And that's unfortunately still true. I'll start going to games again after they show me they're going to the tourney with the new hire, not until. My 2 tickets won't hurt Ole Miss. But I don't have to like what's being done, and have the right to stay home and watch on tv. I think there's a really good chance we fall back once the new coach gets here. Don't have any confidence in our administration, which I'm sure u can guess by now. Think our chancellor is as sorry as u can get. But one of u AK haters can have my tickets next year. I'll watch it on the tellie.
We're not going to the tourney now. So you are going to boycott Ole Miss basketball now b/c they fire a guy that's not great, but doesn't suck?

So, you've been a huge basketball supporter for years despite NOT going to the tourney. But, now you're boycotting them until they can make the tourney with a new hire?
When u say supporter, hope that doesn't include big money booster, cause that I'm not. I go to 5-8 games a year, dependng on how many weekend home games we play. I said I could change my mind once next season gets here. But right now I'm *beep* on not giving him a chance to recruit to the Pavilion. We aren't gonna agree on this, and that's cool. But right now I'm figuring this Saturday will be my last for ever how long, unless I go to another one this year, maybe senior night.
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I agree the current administration hasn’t supported basketball to the fullest, which includes allowing a mediocre-at-best head coach hang around for 12 years. Yes, AK may be the best coach Ole Miss has had, but still average overall. Ole Miss stepped up and built the Pavillion so they are beginning to invest in basketball. This investment needs to include a new coach.