Look for Andy to step down at 3 this afternoon

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:24 pm
rebeljim wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:56 pm Also, u are saying win and more money. Since AK got here, only Ky. and Fla. have more wins than we do, yet he's paid next to last, and assistants are last in pay. Sounds like Andy is giving us more than we're paying him and his staff. But don't let facts get in the way of a good hate. Plus, unless we do something about the support we give the program, as in donors doing what needs to be done to get top recruits, then.....
Dam Jim, it's time to grow up. There's an argument for keeping AK sure. 20 win seasons and everything (whatever that's worth). But don't try to act like there's not a d*** good argument for moving on. Whatever side you fall on, it's enough with the "AK hate" BS. Nobody on here has ever posted anything resembling hatred towards Andy Kennedy. I keep hearing arguments about what great things AK has done with the program and what a top notch coach he is, considering he is at poor little Ole Miss with *beep* facilities and *beep* pay. Well, funny that NOT ONE DECENT PROGRAM HAS OFFERED HIM A JOB. If they have, why has he stayed at poor little Ole Miss all this time with his *beep* facilities and *beep* pay? Seems like the schools whose administrations actually support basketball (ours clearly don't if you didn't know) would have snatched up a coach who could take a bottom feeder like OM and win TWENTY GAMES a year. Unfortunately for all involved, that didn't happen.
I heard Coach K is retiring at the end of the season. That's the reason for the announcement. AK is heading to Duke. Just imagine what he could do at Duke.
Some Random Dude
steve nichols
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Hunter carpenter that played here in late 90's did a presentation to Vitter and convinced him we were not getting our money's worth. Compared us to schools like Creighton that had been to the NCAA tourney more. No comparison to SEC where our winning percentage was better than when Andy got here.

Since Mr. Carpenter is in charge of the schools investments I hope he is better at comparing stocks than basketball teams.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

steve nichols wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:08 pm Hunter carpenter that played here in late 90's did a presentation to Vitter and convinced him we were not getting our money's worth. Compared us to schools like Creighton that had been to the NCAA tourney more. No comparison to SEC where our winning percentage was better than when Andy got here.

Since Mr. Carpenter is in charge of the schools investments I hope he is better at comparing stocks than basketball teams.
The power point presentation hunter carpenter presented has been posted on the internet. It"s been known for months what had happened between vitter and hunter. I posted about it on here then. The moment vitter went against Bjork and a few big donors wishes and did what he did, the program stopped. Recruiting slowed way down, putting an albatross around Andy's neck with recruits being told Andy wouldn't be there for their career, assistant coach and signees left, and now losing record for first time in his career. Now we will have to keep our fingers cross Smith follows through with his signee and comes here. I don't think he comes. Could loose some current players as well.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Really hate to lose these players. Man, losing all of this success would really hurt.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:06 am Really hate to lose these players. Man, losing all of this success would really hurt.
The way they played tonight, u couldn't be more right. I bet we missed over 10 shots from under the basket. Davis missed 2 dunks, one other time we missed 3 shots from under the basket on one trip down the court, so that's 5 misses right there. I know there were many more misses from point blank. Don't remember any team shooting 17% for a half. I doubt the team has any confidence in their shot, except for maybe Burnett. The game this Saturday in starkvegas will be a sellout. Please don't let us embarrass ourselves. I have a family full of dogs, me being the only Rebel except my wife, daughter and grandson. I do hope we hang onto Smth, he seems to have really blown up.
steve nichols
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

IMG_20180212_202120.jpg
IMG_20180212_202120.jpg (120.52 KiB) Viewed 11427 times
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

steve nichols wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:57 am IMG_20180212_202120.jpg
This isn’t an apples to apples comparison....
steve nichols
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Percentages and w-l don't lie
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Did you guys know that Rob Evans actually made the NCAA tourney THREE times in his first 12 years as a head coach?
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:45 pm Did you guys know that Rob Evans actually made the NCAA tourney THREE times in his first 12 years as a head coach?
Went to a lot of games during his time. Hated it when he left. Glad he was able to capitalize on Nolan's brain fart. But as for as Andy, he was done wrong, and he was never given a chance. Maybe he still wouldn't have taken us to the next step. We'll never know thanks to vitter. But the VERY brief period he did have to prove he could do it, he brought in the 16th rated class. I think we would start winning like we want if we could keep bringing in those type classes. Armstrong is responsible for LSU's top 2 recruits this past year, so I think if we hadn't gone 3 years without a raise for the sssistants, and Armstrong and the 2 that left didn't leave, then we might have had back to back top 25 classes. But for the last time, my whole beef in this is AK wasn't given time to recruit on a somewhat even playing field. And he both earned and deserve that. I'm sure yall have made hunter carpenter permanent member of the haters club. Doubt yall even make him pay his club dues.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

steve nichols wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 pm Percentages and w-l don't lie
This is why I don’t get into hyping up stats...they actually do lie and paint false pictures.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:13 am
steve nichols wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 pm Percentages and w-l don't lie
This is why I don’t get into hyping up stats...they actually do lie and paint false pictures.
Well, I'm happy for anyone to tout those stats. They're cute. However, in college basketball there is only one stat that matters.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:15 am
lewindha wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:45 pm Did you guys know that Rob Evans actually made the NCAA tourney THREE times in his first 12 years as a head coach?
Went to a lot of games during his time. Hated it when he left. Glad he was able to capitalize on Nolan's brain fart. But as for as Andy, he was done wrong, and he was never given a chance. Maybe he still wouldn't have taken us to the next step. We'll never know thanks to vitter. But the VERY brief period he did have to prove he could do it, he brought in the 16th rated class. I think we would start winning like we want if we could keep bringing in those type classes. Armstrong is responsible for LSU's top 2 recruits this past year, so I think if we hadn't gone 3 years without a raise for the sssistants, and Armstrong and the 2 that left didn't leave, then we might have had back to back top 25 classes. But for the last time, my whole beef in this is AK wasn't given time to recruit on a somewhat even playing field. And he both earned and deserve that. I'm sure yall have made hunter carpenter permanent member of the haters club. Doubt yall even make him pay his club dues.
It really is amazing the lengths the 'lovers' go to defend AK. Your allegiances really are to the coach and not the school.

Did you see the post-game presser after the Arky game? He straight up admitted he didn't know how to get these kids to play the way he wants them to.

He just literally said he can't do what he's being paid 2mil a year to do.... in his 12th year.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:21 pm
rebeljim wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:15 am
It really is amazing the lengths the 'lovers' go to defend AK. Your allegiances really are to the coach and not the school.

Did you see the post-game presser after the Arky game? He straight up admitted he didn't know how to get these kids to play the way he wants them to.

He just literally said he can't do what he's being paid 2mil a year to do.... in his 12th year.
Rather be a lover than a hater. For some reason u haters can't comprehend. I said what I was mad at was he wasn't given the chance to succeed. And he wasn't. It's obvious he hasn't been able to reach this group. But I think if vitter hadn't done what he did, we'd be a better team and AK wouldn't have thoughts of stepping down. The 2 players that left would have helped the team some since they are both helping their new teams this year. Not saying we would have won the SEC, just that I think we'd be better without vitter's bs. And who knows what kind of class AK would've put together if not for vitter's crap. And the first 11 years, he did a lot better with the teams than this year. It's just this year he hasn't been able to reach the kids, not all 12, like u say. He's gone, and u haters should be happy, until next season when we probably have a lousy season. Then u can hear me complain.... On a side note, this next hire will show Nike how serious we are about basketball. Right now, they don't help us at all in the sport. The right hire, and maybe Nike would start helping us with top recruits. That would be something else the new coach would have that Andy didn't. He did a lot with very little. Just wanted to see what he could've done with just a little support. And that is my only complaint about the way Andy was done. Give him decent support, and let him sink or swim, but give him that chance. That was not given, hence my complaint, and why until Ole Miss basketball wins me back over, March 3rd will be my last game at the Pavilion. My hate won't be at a new coach, like yalls. My hate is with vitter.