Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:02 pm
lewindha wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:21 pm
rebeljim wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:15 am

Went to a lot of games during his time. Hated it when he left. Glad he was able to capitalize on Nolan's brain fart. But as for as Andy, he was done wrong, and he was never given a chance. Maybe he still wouldn't have taken us to the next step. We'll never know thanks to vitter. But the VERY brief period he did have to prove he could do it, he brought in the 16th rated class. I think we would start winning like we want if we could keep bringing in those type classes. Armstrong is responsible for LSU's top 2 recruits this past year, so I think if we hadn't gone 3 years without a raise for the sssistants, and Armstrong and the 2 that left didn't leave, then we might have had back to back top 25 classes. But for the last time, my whole beef in this is AK wasn't given time to recruit on a somewhat even playing field. And he both earned and deserve that. I'm sure yall have made hunter carpenter permanent member of the haters club. Doubt yall even make him pay his club dues.
It really is amazing the lengths the 'lovers' go to defend AK. Your allegiances really are to the coach and not the school.

Did you see the post-game presser after the Arky game? He straight up admitted he didn't know how to get these kids to play the way he wants them to.

He just literally said he can't do what he's being paid 2mil a year to do.... in his 12th year.
Rather be a lover than a hater. For some reason u haters can't comprehend. I said what I was mad at was he wasn't given the chance to succeed. And he wasn't. It's obvious he hasn't been able to reach this group. But I think if vitter hadn't done what he did, we'd be a better team and AK wouldn't have thoughts of stepping down. The 2 players that left would have helped the team some since they are both helping their new teams this year. Not saying we would have won the SEC, just that I think we'd be better without vitter's bs. And who knows what kind of class AK would've put together if not for vitter's crap. And the first 11 years, he did a lot better with the teams than this year. It's just this year he hasn't been able to reach the kids, not all 12, like u say. He's gone, and u haters should be happy, until next season when we probably have a lousy season. Then u can hear me complain.... On a side note, this next hire will show Nike how serious we are about basketball. Right now, they don't help us at all in the sport. The right hire, and maybe Nike would start helping us with top recruits. That would be something else the new coach would have that Andy didn't. He did a lot with very little. Just wanted to see what he could've done with just a little support. And that is my only complaint about the way Andy was done. Give him decent support, and let him sink or swim, but give him that chance. That was not given, hence my complaint, and why until Ole Miss basketball wins me back over, March 3rd will be my last game at the Pavilion. My hate won't be at a new coach, like yalls. My hate is with vitter.
How the F can you say he wasn't given a chance. HE HAD 12 YEARS. 12 YEARS. And for 12 years we've watched the same old thing year after year. The problems that this year's team have ARE THE SAME PROBLEMS we've had for years. They're just magnified this year because, well as AK said, he can't reach this team at all. But the whole argument that he didn't have a chance is BS. He had a dam chance everytime he stepped on the court. He had a chance at every practice. He had multiple chances and he just didn't get the job done. It doesn't mean he's a bad person. It doesn't mean anyone hates him. It simply means that he didn't get the job done. And for you to just call anyone and everyone who disagrees with you a "hater" just proves that deep down you know it's true. So grow up and move on. The whole conversation is tiring. AK won't be the head coach at OM next year and is long overdue. I wish him the absolute best in whatever his next career move is.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

He also had about ten years of a bad SEC. Now that the conference is getting better, AK isn't faring so well.

You can complain all you want about Vitter. Vitter isn't the one that made it public. And if AK had worked harder to establish stronger relationships with those kids, they wouldn't left when the assistant left.

He would've gotten that extension this year had he done better. He didn't deserve it last year and this year is proving it. Again, this is just one more thing to pile on the mountain of excuses that are used in his defense.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:18 pm
rebeljim wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:02 pm
lewindha wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:21 pm
It really is amazing the lengths the 'lovers' go to defend AK. Your allegiances really are to the coach and not the school.

Did you see the post-game presser after the Arky game? He straight up admitted he didn't know how to get these kids to play the way he wants them to.

He just literally said he can't do what he's being paid 2mil a year to do.... in his 12th year.
Rather be a lover than a hater. For some reason u haters can't comprehend. I said what I was mad at was he wasn't given the chance to succeed. And he wasn't. It's obvious he hasn't been able to reach this group. But I think if vitter hadn't done what he did, we'd be a better team and AK wouldn't have thoughts of stepping down. The 2 players that left would have helped the team some since they are both helping their new teams this year. Not saying we would have won the SEC, just that I think we'd be better without vitter's bs. And who knows what kind of class AK would've put together if not for vitter's crap. And the first 11 years, he did a lot better with the teams than this year. It's just this year he hasn't been able to reach the kids, not all 12, like u say. He's gone, and u haters should be happy, until next season when we probably have a lousy season. Then u can hear me complain.... On a side note, this next hire will show Nike how serious we are about basketball. Right now, they don't help us at all in the sport. The right hire, and maybe Nike would start helping us with top recruits. That would be something else the new coach would have that Andy didn't. He did a lot with very little. Just wanted to see what he could've done with just a little support. And that is my only complaint about the way Andy was done. Give him decent support, and let him sink or swim, but give him that chance. That was not given, hence my complaint, and why until Ole Miss basketball wins me back over, March 3rd will be my last game at the Pavilion. My hate won't be at a new coach, like yalls. My hate is with vitter.
How the F can you say he wasn't given a chance. HE HAD 12 YEARS. 12 YEARS. And for 12 years we've watched the same old thing year after year. The problems that this year's team have ARE THE SAME PROBLEMS we've had for years. They're just magnified this year because, well as AK said, he can't reach this team at all. But the whole argument that he didn't have a chance is BS. He had a dam chance everytime he stepped on the court. He had a chance at every practice. He had multiple chances and he just didn't get the job done. It doesn't mean he's a bad person. It doesn't mean anyone hates him. It simply means that he didn't get the job done. And for you to just call anyone and everyone who disagrees with you a "hater" just proves that deep down you know it's true. So grow up and move on. The whole conversation is tiring. AK won't be the head coach at OM next year and is long overdue. I wish him the absolute best in whatever his next career move is.
He had his chance with the tad pad, not the Pavilion. Can u not understand what I say? He didn't get the chance to compete on a some what level playing field. Like u said, he's gone. Let's see who the next coach is. I say AK will go to the dance with his new team before we do. I do agree with u on wishing him luck wherever he goes. I'll be pulling for him. And yalll proved to be in the haters club during Henderson's first year. Most on here bad mouthed AK and team the ENTIRE year. Yet we went dancing that year.
Last edited by rebeljim on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:03 pm He also had about ten years of a bad SEC. Now that the conference is getting better, AK isn't faring so well.

You can complain all you want about Vitter. Vitter isn't the one that made it public. And if AK had worked harder to establish stronger relationships with those kids, they wouldn't left when the assistant left.

He would've gotten that extension this year had he done better. He didn't deserve it last year and this year is proving it. Again, this is just one more thing to pile on the mountain of excuses that are used in his defense.
U have no ldea what kind of relationship he has with the team. nor do I. I do know I've never heard any player bad mouthing him, and have heard many talking very highly of him. Holloway even said AK was the reason he came back to Ole Miss. So u to blame his relationship with his players as a reason why this year had happened is BS. There's a better chance that vitter's meddling has more to do with it.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:33 pm
lewindha wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:03 pm He also had about ten years of a bad SEC. Now that the conference is getting better, AK isn't faring so well.

U have no ldea what kind of relationship he has with the team. nor do I. I do know I've never heard any player bad mouthing him, and have heard many talking very highly of him. Holloway even said AK was the reason he came back to Ole Miss. So u to blame his relationship with his players as a reason why this year had happened is BS. There's a better chance that vitter's meddling has more to do with it.
I said a stronger relationship with the recruits.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Eric, nobody is gonna change no ones mind. After all these years, we all feel the same. We'll just wait and see who we hire. I don't think much will change with our program until certain Ole Miss people change. And I have my doubts that'll happen. Nike doesn't even help us in the sport like they do in football and baseball. On AK, we obviously won't ever agree. But since vitter didn't give him the chance everyone thought he'd get, Andy was wronged. I guess we won't ever agree on that. I hear Neal ain't happy about all this either. I know Ben ain't happy.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Neal doesn't care. He likes AK b/c AK has always been accommodating and good to the media. He says arguments on both sides of the aisle are valid.

AK got 12 years. He wasn't wronged he got his chance and after year 5 or 6, he got someone else's chance.
Some Random Dude
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ole Miss took heat from the media standing by him after an incident. Now Ole Miss is taking heat for splitting with him peacefully. After how the media wronged during the investigation I think all this says more about the media’s bias than AK or OM.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Not a good time to be an Andy and coach in the state of MS... Ours ended on a higher note, I will give him that.