kennedy steps down immediately

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Kennedy announced the news in a statement put out by a the school.

“It has become readily apparent to me that my continued presence as the head coach is proving detrimental to these players finishing the season in a fashion that is representative of The Standard for this program that has been clearly established and maintained for over a decade; therefore, I believe that it is in everyone’s best interest that I exit my role as head coach effective immediately. We all know that ‘clean breaks’ are always best, and I should have realized this last Monday. My apologies,” Kennedy said in the statement.

“As I’ve stated before, I am Very Thankful to have had the opportunity to serve as the Head Coach for Men’s Basketball at The University of Mississippi for 12 years! This Community, this University, the SEC, have all overwhelmed me and my family with incredible grace and support. We will forever be woven into the fabric of this Very Special place – “Hell Yeah, d*** Right!!”
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Any one else here think something else going on between the coach and the players??
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Supposedly Tyree and Davis are not doing the locker room any good. Been hearing stories about them and Burnett for a couple of weeks now. Heard Davis and Tyree are not getting along, and them along with Burnett are only worried about themselves, not the team. It's obvious the team has quit, and Andy deserved better. Also think the crap with vitter has alot to do with the season. Told my grandson he can have my ticket and he and a friend can go to the vandy game. U couldn't pay me to go to a basketball game now. I have bought my last basketball tickets for the foreseeable future.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

As always, AK shoulders no blame.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:29 pm As always, AK shoulders no blame.
Saint AK to u Eric......... ;)
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Here’s the bottom line, AK is leaving the program better off than 12 years ago, for that I am appreciative. This is not a HDN situation where he came in and had early success off someone else’s work and then ran the program in the ground. AK worked hard for 12 years, and I really believe he loves Ole Miss.

But for those saying that Ole Miss “didn’t give AK enough” I don’t know what else he needed. 12 years is a long time for a coach these days. It was just time for both sides to move on. He had lost this team, that much is apparent. Vitter didn’t lose this team, that falls squarely on the head coach. Whether or not Vitter screwed him on the contract has nothing to do with this team and this locker room. It’s time to move on. I hope AK gets a job soon and I wish him nothing but the best as long as he’s not coaching against Ole Miss. But it’s time to move on. Past time.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Good post bear, the best I've ever seen u post about AK. I agree it's time for AK to move on, the rift between him and vitter is big. I even said before this season started that this would be AK's last here, win or lose. I just didn't see him and vitter coexisting. I do think the contract issue hung over the program, but just my opinion. And the one thing I wanted AK to get was a chance with the Pavilion, and he didn't get that. And that is my gripe (as if that really matters in the real world), he deserved that. I'm gonna rejoin scout tomorrow so I can keep up with the everything. Been 3 months since I was a member, and Ben is putting out info on who's leaving the program. Hope we hang onto Serrell Smith, think he's gonna be a good one. But really think he'll ask out of his letter he signed. And it really looks like either Tyree or Davis will transfer. The chemistry between them ain't good from what I've heard.