hunting weekend

If it's not about Ole Miss, it belongs here.

Moderator: Rebel Security

bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

fri afternoon 150 lb doe

sat morning 170 lb doe

one about 125 yds the other just a bit farther.

both neck shots.

venison, its what's for dinner.

use a marlin 308 i bought last feb on sale. its not a virgin anymore so it is allowed in the rifle gun cabinet.

if a buck comes thru i will consider if big enough. i really have no use for horns. i won't mount them. i give them to the cabin when i do kill a buck and if everybody wants it mounted they can pay for it. i'm more interested in dinner.
AlmostForgotten
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

1st trip: Saw nothing
2nd trip: saw nothing
3rd trip: nice doe approached my stand, with bambi in her shadow. Decided against killing momma on behalf of the little guy. Then heard bucks blowing in the distance for a solid 30 minutes, but they never would show themselves as sunset had approached. Got dark and walked home empty handed.

Going back tomorrow.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We must have been on the same plot of land.....same story same result....tomorrow is a new day!

There is a buck out there...and it has my name one it!
Randy
GtownRebel
All American
All American

What is the weather like done in Mississippi? Up here in Indy it is single digits...too cold to hunt. Headed down there this weekend to get a few if any show up.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Looks like rain all weekend long. Gonna duck hunt but we don't have the duck numbers we have had all year. Sometimes you go just for the fun of it.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

changed my mind about duck hunting this weekend. too hot. will do some honeydoos to keep the rest of the season open.

last night spaghetti and meatballs made with venison.

will break away from the wild game a bit tonight. sauteed shrimp with my own recipe for cheese grits.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

Not much to hunt for dinner out here but I did go do some camping in coyote country.

First night - 2
Second night - 2
Third night - 4

All with an AKMS. And they say hunters don't need AK's. Please. Cashed in around 500 for the furs.

Next 3 day weekend work gives me I'm working on procuring some mountain lion tags. I've been working on a Mosin Nagant (7.62x54r is the poor man's 308) for long range work and am sighting in the new scope Sunday. I won't be getting within AK range if I go on a lion outing.

Next deer season I look forward to taking the Mosin completely refitted with this stock on a Mule Deer hunt in the Northern part of the state. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oapv0tEq1kc
We Are Ole Miss
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

went duck hunting today. had better luck than eli. his land rover broke down just outside of town after his hunt. yet today something else happened that never happened before too. a flock of mallards came in and a wounded hen flew into the trees outside the pond. she was swimming and quacking up a storm when a loud roar thundered and echoed across the pond. we heard the duck squeek and then nothing else. the four of us just sat there till i was able to say "wtf was that?" i laughed at my friends. i checked to make sure my gun was loaded and after they saw me do that they checked their guns too. i'm betting we got a gator in there but the water is cold. didn't know they would be that active if water is that cold. mississippi gets big ones. bigger than fla or la. here is the one my wife's cousin got.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/351 ... pi+record/