Serious question...

If it's not about Ole Miss, it belongs here.

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I've got a bachelor party to plan.

Vegas is out, b/c most of are spread out all over the southeast and some just can't afford the trip.

So we're down to Nashville and New Orleans. New Orleans, easy right? Hang on.

We're all music fans, and there is a weekend in May where The Black Keys and The Flaming Lips play a show together on that Friday, and then Widespread Panic is playing two shows on Friday and Saturday. So we're thinking Black Keys and Flaming Lips on Friday, WP on Saturday.

New Orleans just to go to New Orleans and drink with the guys. Or Nashville to catch some music? Whatya think?
Some Random Dude
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

lewindha wrote:I've got a bachelor party to plan.

Vegas is out, b/c most of are spread out all over the southeast and some just can't afford the trip.

We're all music fans, and there is a weekend in May where The Black Keys and The Flaming Lips play a show together on that Friday, and then Widespread Panic is playing two shows on Friday and Saturday. So we're thinking Black Keys and Flaming Lips on Friday, WP on Saturday.

New Orleans just to go to New Orleans and drink with the guys. Or Nashville to catch some music? Whatya think?
My son's bach party was in Nashville and they had a great time... Printers alley or Bourbon st... take your pic.
Later,
Hagar
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote:
lewindha wrote:I've got a bachelor party to plan.

My son's bach party was in Nashville and they had a great time... Printers alley or Bourbon st... take your pic.
Oh, I've been to both plenty. Just trying to get some advice. The Nashville trip would be less about boozing it up, though.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Nashville...the music is the kicker, and I am pretty sure Tootsies won't run out of alcohol for post-music inebriation. 8-)
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:Nashville...the music is the kicker, and I am pretty sure Tootsies won't run out of alcohol for post-music inebriation. 8-)
Yeah, I'm leaning towards Nashville. I LOVE the Flaming Lips. Saw them once in Virginia and it was awesome. And this crowd was definitely a Widespread crowd and many of us haven't seen them in a while. I really like the Black Keys, but I've never seen them.

Chuck, who is your favorite all time? Mine is The Band. Killed me that Levon passed away last year. He was my favorite.
Some Random Dude
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

That is a tough call and I feel like a subsitute referee trying to call it

You want everyone to have a great time and more importantly, the future groom! Which one do you think he would enjoy the most and be the most memorable for him. I am sure that either way it would be a great time and, well, maybe not so "memorable" since there may be things that you wont remember....be it by choice or by alcohol!!

I cannot speak for Nashville - I have not been in ages and was not there for the party scene but I know without a doubt with the events taking place it would be a helluva time....

New Orleans and Bourbon would be a helluva time also but in a sense, it is like a "if you have done it once you kind of know what it is all about" kind of way

Final score: Nashville wins by 1 point, at the buzzer, in double overtime
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

CMB wrote:That is a tough call and I feel like a subsitute referee trying to call it

You want everyone to have a great time and more importantly, the future groom! Which one do you think he would enjoy the most and be the most memorable for him. I am sure that either way it would be a great time and, well, maybe not so "memorable" since there may be things that you wont remember....be it by choice or by alcohol!!

I cannot speak for Nashville - I have not been in ages and was not there for the party scene but I know without a doubt with the events taking place it would be a helluva time....

New Orleans and Bourbon would be a helluva time also but in a sense, it is like a "if you have done it once you kind of know what it is all about" kind of way

Well, this crew has already done 2 bachelor parties in NO, one also coinciding with New Year's. So, we have done that, granted the last time was probably 8 years ago. My bachelor party was in Atlanta and I remember little of it.

We've never done one in Nashville and I know the groom likes all bands in question. CMB, you may know the bachelor as he's from Vicksburg. He went to Warren Central and played basketball there.
Some Random Dude
cajunrebel

lewindha wrote:
CMB wrote:That is a tough call and I feel like a subsitute referee trying to call it

Well, this crew has already done 2 bachelor parties in NO, one also coinciding with New Year's. So, we have done that, granted the last time was probably 8 years ago. My bachelor party was in Atlanta and I remember little of it.

We've never done one in Nashville and I know the groom likes all bands in question. CMB, you may know the bachelor as he's from Vicksburg. He went to Warren Central and played basketball there.

I think you have already answered your question. Go to Nashville, just remember that the 5.0 there are not as lenient as they are in NOLA. If you go to the Panic show, don't look like the girl in Thunder's thread that is enjoying all of the "pretty colors."
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cajunrebel wrote:
lewindha wrote:

I think you have already answered your question. Go to Nashville, just remember that the 5.0 there are not as lenient as they are in NOLA. If you go to the Panic show, don't look like the girl in Thunder's thread that is enjoying all of the "pretty colors."
I won't speak for everyone in my group, but those days have passed me by. Heck, my wife handed me a beer last night during the Super Bowl and I barely drank half of it.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:Nashville...the music is the kicker, and I am pretty sure Tootsies won't run out of alcohol for post-music inebriation. 8-)
Yeah, I'm leaning towards Nashville. I LOVE the Flaming Lips. Saw them once in Virginia and it was awesome. And this crowd was definitely a Widespread crowd and many of us haven't seen them in a while. I really like the Black Keys, but I've never seen them.

Chuck, who is your favorite all time? Mine is The Band. Killed me that Levon passed away last year. He was my favorite.
Fell in love with The Band after the fact...I really was not even aware of them past a superficial level until I saw The Last Waltz....The Night They Drove Old Dixie down is hauntingly beautiful lyrically and melodically (although I will probably be called a racist for admitting I like it)

Tough to say on my favorite band, I am more of a singer songwriter fan and usually prefer an acoustic set in a smaller more intimate venue.,

But I have always been a big Credence fan....I like Blues Traveler a lot....and of the younger more recent bands I absolutely love the Avett Brothers and Mumford & Sons...so you can see by that I am more drawn to unique and somewhat "mellow" sounds. Think I would have liked Widesapread Panic a lot if I would have paid more attention to them..they have played here in Austin

I am also a lifelong Country Music fan and I am a big fan of Zac Brown Band.

A lot of answers I know, but as I said I am drawn more to Singer/Songwriters and the ones I go see often and that get the most play when I am driving by myself are Billy Joe Shaver and Radney Foster...
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yeah, I start throwing out a bunch of different stuff when people ask me those questions.

I came home from college one weekend listening to Widespread and my dad said he liked them and asked if I'd ever heard The Band. Of course, I had heard 'The Weight', but really nothing else. My Mom was out shopping and he called her and told her to get me something from The Band. She brought back 'The Best of The Band' and that sealed it. Then I saw 'The Last Waltz' and it only solidified my all-time favorite.

I like the Avett Brothers and Mumford, also. I'm kind of all over with my music tastes. I like Arcade Fire a lot. Kings of Leon are probably my favorite band out there today. The Killers new album is pretty good, IMO. Then, I also like Vampire Weekend.

As for country, I like Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson. Not a whole lot else.

Can't get into rap anymore. But I will always like the Beastie Boyz and Public Enemy.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
As for country, I like Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson. Not a whole lot else.
Willie released an album called "Heroes" last year... Track#9 Sound of Your Memory was co written by Willie's son Luke and my daughter Elizabeth.

Cash was the Man.
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Nashville.

Most fun bachelor party I've ever been to happened at a state park cabin. We got destroyed, hung out, and grilled. Did some off the wall crazy stuff too. Going bar hopping is not always the most fun. Especially with the bands you listed