Help: Oxford service station/tire repair?

If it's not about Ole Miss, it belongs here.

Moderator: Rebel Security

mom2them
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Are there any full service stations in Oxford? Or what about a good tire repair place?

Got a call from our freshman daughter last night that the low tire pressure light went off on her 2011 Nissan Sentra. This happened occassionally last spring and summer and so in early August hubby replaced all four tires with new TOP OF THE LINE tires so this wouldn't happen! UGH!

She learned how to put air in at a self serve station when this happened previously, so she tried that but the one she went to didn't have a tire gauge built in. ( I didn't send her with tire gauge b/c she had NEW TIRES!) She bought a tire gauge and will go put air in on Saturday when she has more time. She won't be going on the interstate anytime soon and will just be driving around Oxford for the next few months!

When this happened before it was obvious a tire was low. She said it didn't look like any were low last night. So are there any full serve stations left in Oxford? What about reputable tire repair locations that won't take advantage of a 18-year-old college coed?

Please help out a mom (and dad) six hours away from our girl......and we were just there last weekend. Why couldn't it have happen then? UGH!
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

Try Gateway they should be able to help.

GATEWAY TIRE
Oxford
2197 Jackson Avenue West
Oxford, MS 39209
(662) 234-6152

http://www.dktire.com/locations/msOxford.php

Deadman
mom2them
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Thank you so very much!!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I used Gateway when I was there. I went through a stretch where I couldn't go anywhere without getting a flat tire. One time, I had a flat tire on my car sitting in the Tad Pad parking lot(I lived in the ATO house) and I needed to run to the student union for something urgent, so I borrowed a friends car just to run over there and drop something off. Went over there, dropped something off, and went to leave and discovered a flat tire on my friends car that I had just borrowed. This lasted about 3 months where I couldn't drive anywhere or anything without getting a flat. Went to gateway the first few times, but I learned to patch them myself after that.
Some Random Dude
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

mom2them wrote:Thank you so very much!!
No problem the one in Batesville is very helpful hopefully Oxford is too.

Deadman
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Probabaly a nail and Gateway can fix that.