Macchu Picchu

If it's not about Ole Miss, it belongs here.

Moderator: Rebel Security

BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Just wondering what any of you might think of this idea that they have "discovered" how the Egyptians were able to move those great stones to build the pyramids?
My question to you is this...
I've been to Peru, watched the changing of the guard in Lima. Visited the catacombs in Lima (VERY, VERY creepy). Watched and photographed the endangered Condors in the canyon. Visited native Indians. A family invited me and Gallia, a native Peruvian, inside their small domed grass home. They had a small herd of rabbit sized, what looked like guinea pigs, running loose inside. I timidly asked what they were for. Main staple of meat, of course. But the family were so kind. I held her young son and have a picture of it just outside her house, and would love to post it, if anyone could explain to me how.
Anyway, finally Gallia and I arrived at Cuzco. An oh so quaint little town at the base of Machu Picchu. Gallia took me to a little restaurant where they serve alpaca steak. (Like a llama, but smaller.) Best steak I have ever had in my life.
Next morning, we trek up the mountain. When we were ready, we came down stairs, to find coca leave tea awaiting us, believe it or not. I was not going to drink it, but the tour guides said it would help with the high elevations. So I drank. Frankly, I noticed nothing out of the ordinary.
Then, as we hiked up the mountain, every hour or so, they would give us coca leaves to chew, again to help with the elevation. Tea didn't seem to bother me so I concurred. I'm not sure if it had any effect on me at all, to be honest. But The elevations certainly never bothered me at all.
When we made it up to the ancient city, though...
Here's my thing. You would personally have to go there and see it to believe it. I cannot remember what the man said the weight of the stones were, but one would crush your house flat if it were sat on your roof. And they HAD to have been dragged all the way up that slope from a river that ran alongside the mountain, from where at my vantage point way up there seemed a tiny stream. How the he!! they could manage such a feat I wonder.
And here's the clincher. These huge stones were cut so perfectly that they fit together, again perfectly. No mortar, no sand, no concrete, nothing to bind them together. Most of them in a somewhat triangular shape. Others square or rectangular, as the need may be. But with NOTHING in between. And no seem, no imperfection, can be found in them. No cracks. No wind can blow in between them, nor water seep through them. PERFECLY symmetrical.
Someone explain that. These people were far more knowledgeable than we give them credit for, IMO. The Indians at Machu Picchu certainly didn't use wet sand. It was a mountainside, for goodness sake.