One of these is mine

If it's not about Ole Miss, it belongs here.

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5673328

Pentagon To Send 130 More Military Advisers To Iraq
AP Aug 12, 2014 07:00 pm
Tap To Read This Story Fast
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon is sending 130 more military advisers to northern Iraq to help local forces in their escalating fight against Islamic militants, officials said Tuesday.

The move shows the Obama administration is weighing the impact and implications of several days of targeted airstrikes on the Islamic State fighters and how that has affected U.S.-backed Kurdish forces opposing them in northern Iraq.

The additional U.S. advisers are not combat troops, and President Barack Obama has said repeatedly he will not send ground forces back into Iraq.

One immediate dilemma is the fate of thousands of displaced civilians in the Sinjar area who have been provided with food and water delivered by U.S. cargo planes in recent days. Washington also is considering how to increase its military assistance to the Kurds, whose militia is outgunned by the militants.

The 130 additional U.S. advisers were going to the city of Irbil, according to a defense official who spoke on condition of anonymity before an official announcement that Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel was expected to make later.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We will pray fervently for his safe return home. I remember the time when my nephew was over there in the very beginning and I know how difficult deployment is for the families. God bless your precious son and your precious family.
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

My younger son is full time Army National Guard. He spent one tour in Afghanistan. I prayed each and every night and the Good Lord brought him home safely. I will pray for your son too.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

Praying for his safe return. And regarding our enemy, Lord, ignore their heathen prayers so we can send them straight to hell. Amen.
We Are Ole Miss