Blind Jim Ivy

If it's not about Ole Miss, it belongs here.

Moderator: Rebel Security

RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rush I see you are from Prentiss. My wife is from Prentiss and I am from Bassfield now we live in Vicksburg.
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Actually I am from Clinton, but I live in Prentiss now. My wife and I both have family here in Jeff-Davis county. My brother-in-law is Clint Langley, her aunt and uncle are Brenda and Curtis McNeil. We've got a few other cousins in the area.

Thanks,
RushB
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Hey, that's great stuff! Thanks for the link/info.

By the way, I think it's somewhat ironic that folks are so h*ll-bent on the whole racist issue about Ole Miss, when the mascot was apparently based on an old black man. It's funny...
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

My father-in-law owns part of Garraway's stores. She was a Speights and I am a Coulter. Good friends with the Mayor also.
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yep, Charlie used to come by our house in Clinton when Clint and Doreen were dating and they were all in school at Hinds. I believe they were all in school at Ole Miss together - not sure but I think he went, if not he's a fan. I've seen his wife at several games.

His mom's house got torn up pretty badly by Katrina, but everything is almost back to normal.

Later,
RushB
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

Yeah Charlie went to Ole Miss. His mom is living with him and Stephanie. Going to Prentiss Friday to drop the kids off and head to Oxford on Sat. morning.
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good deal, you need to tell some of these folks about the Country Fisherman. Although I think it's a little pricey for the seafood nights, it's a great place to eat lunch.

Later,
RushB
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

The Country Fisherman is a great place to dine a little pricey, but the quail will make your mouth water.
QuackCityRebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

He was like many blind people in that if he heard your voice and name, he never forgot.
My brother was at OM in 1947 and was not on campus again until 1954 and attend a FB game when I was a frosh. We walked by the grill and Jim was out front, as usual. Earl said, "Hello, Jim". Jim cocked his head for a moment and said "where you been, Mr. Junior?" as some people called my brother Junior.
Blind Jim was an icon.
Romp, Stomp & Raise Hell, REBELS!!