Posting or Emailing multiple links?

Computer related discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

OK, how can one post or email multiple 'links' like articles, YouTube's, etc. without having to copy and paste each one separately.

The way I do it now is copy one link, paste it to a post. Copy another link, EDIT the original post and paste the 2nd link.

There seems to be an easier way. I see several post or emails with multiple links and one can tell that they did not "edit" their post to get multiple links in their message.

Thanks.

RBD
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but it seems like you just don't post the message until after you've put all the links in... Use two (or more) different browser windows if you need to.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Alright BeeDee, help me out here. If I'm trying to post more than one link in a post, how can I do it without taking extra steps? If I want to post

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... ID=1444622

And this

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... ID=1444571

All at once.

What I do now is copy&paste the first article submit it and then go and copy the 2nd article and edit my original post and then paste the 2nd article to it. Does that make any sense?

Seems to be a way of 'copying' several articles and then 'pasting'(sp) them all in the same post, without the going back and forth.

If there is, walk me through it, thanks.
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

There's no way to copy multiple links simultaneously. That's really oversimplifying it, because there are applications that will do clipboard management for you and allow you to do that, but they're really more trouble than they're worth. You're on the right track, but you don't need to copy a link, paste it and submit it. Just copy it, paste it into your post and then go get another link, copy it, paste it and THEN submit it once. If you use Firefox or Internet Explorer 7, you have tabs that you can use so that you don't have to open another Internet Explorer window or browse away from your post. You can just open another tab to get the info you want. You can leave your post half-done while you work on another tab and come back to it as often as you like, see what I'm saying?
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

First off, I'm not at all trying to sound condescending by writing these step-by-step instructions. I *think* I understand what you're asking and I am just showing you how I do it.

1. Open an IE (Internet Explorer) window and go to RebelFaithful.
2. Start a new post
3. Open a new IE window or tab (just click the IE icon again to open a new one, the old one will still be right there waiting for you with your already started post.
4. In the new IE window, browse to where the article or link is that you want and copy the article/link
5. Go back to your original window with your already started post and paste in the link or article
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until you get all you want in your post and then submit it once.

Does that make sense?
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

FiftyOneFifty wrote:First off, I'm not at all trying to sound condescending by writing these step-by-step instructions. I *think* I understand what you're asking and I am just showing you how I do it.

1. Open an IE (Internet Explorer) window and go to RebelFaithful.
2. Start a new post
3. Open a new IE window or tab (just click the IE icon again to open a new one, the old one will still be right there waiting for you with your already started post.
4. In the new IE window, browse to where the article or link is that you want and copy the article/link
5. Go back to your original window with your already started post and paste in the link or article
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until you get all you want in your post and then submit it once.

Does that make sense?
No, thanks for taking the time to type them out, that's exactly what I was wanting. It does make sense and I will try it later today, I'm going to be on the road some today.

Thanks again 5150, I appreciate it.