backup software

Computer related discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

I am in dire need of a good backup utility. I want something that will make a copy of my system.

I don't want to have to find all of my software, ie msoffice & the like, should I need to reimage. Btw I believe that I need to reimage now due to some current issues.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

rickochet2 wrote:I am in dire need of a good backup utility. I want something that will make a copy of my system.

I don't want to have to find all of my software, ie msoffice & the like, should I need to reimage. Btw I believe that I need to reimage now due to some current issues.

I use Cobian Backup... full or incremental
Later,
Hagar
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

Hagar wrote:
rickochet2 wrote:I am in dire need of a good backup utility. I want something that will make a copy of my system.

I use Cobian Backup... full or incremental
It makes an image so that you can quickly refire after reimaging.

I don't have all of my software any longer & just don't want to have to worry about trying to find my Office cds.

Does it use a lot of resources & can you backup to a network attached drive?

What about Acronis, Ghost, & Encore?
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I have downloaded and installed a backup program from Paragon-Software.com that was recommended to me. There is a free version at that web site named "Drive Backup 9.0 Free Edition for Windows". I have checked it out, but still use the Windows Backup utility for now. It might be worth a look.