make a Baseball shirt cake?

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

sunehri
Water Boy
Water Boy

How to make a Baseball shirt cake? I am looking to make a baseball shirt cake for my sons 1st birthday. I want to make it a 2 layer cake meaning the same size just so its thicker! What do I need to make the cake stick together? I will not be using a shirt cake pan because I can not find one nor do I have time to order one! Please help me. I also will be using a special cake and frosting recipe that has no sugar. Any help would be great. Thank You so much in advance.
Last edited by sunehri on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

sunehri wrote:How to make a Baseball shirt cake? I am looking to make a baseball shirt cake for my sons 1st birthday. I want to make it a 2 layer cake meaning the same size just so its thicker! What do I need to make the cake stick together? I will not be using a shirt cake pan because I can not find one nor do I have time to order one! Please help me. I also will be using a special cake and frosting recipe that has no sugar. Any help would be great. Thank You so much in advance.
Best thing I can tell you is find or buy a small t-shirt. Like childs medium or large, whichever you think is big enough to feed the amount of people at the party. This will end up as the shape of your double layered cake. Then build a double layer, rectangle shaped cake. Just use the biggest cake pans you can find. You want the rectangle cake to be just about the same size as the longest part of the t-shirt you bought. Use regular icing to "glue" the two layers of rectangle shaped cake together. It should stick together just fine this way. If the no sugar icing lacks stickyness, try letting it sit out on the counter for a little while so that it will thicken until sticky. Then, BEFORE YOU PUT ICING ON IT, lay the newly washed childs shirt on the cake so that you can trace it's outline. Trace it with your knife and then remove the shirt. Now you have an outline of a shirt on your rectangle cake. Carefully begin to trim off the areas on the outside of the outline until the cake takes the shape of the shirt. Round the edges a little, decorate it in the colors of an OM jersey with his favorite numbers and you're done.
L. S. WHO?
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

oxpatchreb wrote:
sunehri wrote:
Best thing I can tell you is find or buy a small t-shirt. Like childs medium or large, whichever you think is big enough to feed the amount of people at the party. This will end up as the shape of your double layered cake. Then build a double layer, rectangle shaped cake. Just use the biggest cake pans you can find. You want the rectangle cake to be just about the same size as the longest part of the t-shirt you bought. Use regular icing to "glue" the two layers of rectangle shaped cake together. It should stick together just fine this way. If the no sugar icing lacks stickyness, try letting it sit out on the counter for a little while so that it will thicken until sticky. Then, BEFORE YOU PUT ICING ON IT, lay the newly washed childs shirt on the cake so that you can trace it's outline. Trace it with your knife and then remove the shirt. Now you have an outline of a shirt on your rectangle cake. Carefully begin to trim off the areas on the outside of the outline until the cake takes the shape of the shirt. Round the edges a little, decorate it in the colors of an OM jersey with his favorite numbers and you're done.
You do cakes on the side don't you Oxpatch?
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
cajunrebel

I'm still laughing that someone actually came to this site to ask a baking questions. Who in the hell uses a frosting recipe that has no freaking sugar?!? Why not just use peanut butter or ketchup then. Too funny. . .

My much shorter response would have been, go to the bakery and order one.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxpatchreb wrote:
sunehri wrote:How to make a Baseball shirt cake? I am looking to make a baseball shirt cake for my sons 1st birthday. I want to make it a 2 layer cake meaning the same size just so its thicker! What do I need to make the cake stick together? I will not be using a shirt cake pan because I can not find one nor do I have time to order one! Please help me. I also will be using a special cake and frosting recipe that has no sugar. Any help would be great. Thank You so much in advance.
Wow. Impressive!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

cajunrebel wrote:I'm still laughing that someone actually came to this site to ask a baking questions. Who in the hell uses a frosting recipe that has no freaking sugar?!? Why not just use peanut butter or ketchup then. Too funny. . .

My much shorter response would have been, go to the bakery and order one.
I've seen these "no sugar" cakes before. Sometimes kids have an aversion to sugar at young ages. Those cakes are very hard to handle without that extra sugar to hold them together, but being careful goes a long way.

If they are just trying to keep the kids from bouncing off the walls on a sugar overdose, don't have a b-day party at all. Hyper kids is a hall mark of a good party. That's why they are only once a year.

And no, I don't bake. But I cook like a beast and my mother did "budget cakes" for our parties when we were little so I have a little background in home made design cakes.

All this home made cake talk reminds me of my favorite line from Steel Magnolias. Yeah, yeah, yeah... ghey. It's still a *amn good movie.
L. S. WHO?
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

You guys will respond to anything. This is Spam. I'm surprised you didn't include your usual girlie collection of emoticons.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Shameful.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
cajunrebel

USCrebel wrote:
You guys will respond to anything. This is Spam. I'm surprised you didn't include your usual girlie collection of emoticons.
Then this is the strangest spam I have ever seen.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I thought he was being quite kind in responding. Good for you, Oxpatch
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

cajunrebel wrote:
USCrebel wrote:
Well.... look at these.... If not enough, Google says that there are about 200 more.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 358AAhP73p

http://ottesports.com/baseball/how-to-m ... shirt-cake

http://www.cameronmaybin.tv/cooking-rec ... hirt-cake/

http://www.major-league-baseball-strike ... hirt-cake/
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
cajunrebel

USCrebel wrote:
cajunrebel wrote:
USCrebel wrote: You guys will respond to anything. This is Spam. I'm surprised you didn't include your usual girlie collection of emoticons.
Well.... look at these.... If not enough, Google says that there are about 200 more.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 358AAhP73p

http://ottesports.com/baseball/how-to-m ... shirt-cake

http://www.cameronmaybin.tv/cooking-rec ... hirt-cake/

http://www.major-league-baseball-strike ... hirt-cake/
I believed you, it's just. . .why would anyone take the time to spam that? What good does that do? It doesn't even have a link attached or a way to scam you out of anything. Is Martha Stewart behind this?!?
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Say Oxpatchreb, I don't care what USC says, Can you help me with a good King Cake recipe...?
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

felicianareb wrote:Say Oxpatchreb, I don't care what USC says, Can you help me with a good King Cake recipe...?
Why, Feliciana? There are plenty of good places to order from around there?

Try Ambrosia in BR...
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

From what I'm looking at, that USC provided us, it seems that it's second degree spam?

When you look at those four results, all have the same replies, and all of them offer a link for coolest birthday cake ideas.

How devious and interesting. So, I'm waiting for the response any time now.

-William Faulkner