How will the Rebs do in recruiting?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

SEC-DUDE
Water Boy
Water Boy

Looks like an admirable start to recuiting season. A couple of strong 4 stars and many solid 3 stars on rivals. Obviously, Coach O stocked up the Dline and did his typical fine job of recruiting. Nutt seems to do ok with recruiting, and does an above-average job of extracting performance from whatever talent he has to work with. For the Rebels to finally build on success, and to sustain a multi-year "season of success", Nutt will need to rise-up as a recruiter.

What is the honest opinion of Rebel nation? Can Nutt do what has not been done in a long time by bringing in Alabama or LSU level of talent for 3-5 consective years, so that they can be a consistent contender, and to rise to top-5 level.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

SEC-DUDE wrote:Looks like an admirable start to recuiting season. A couple of strong 4 stars and many solid 3 stars on rivals. Obviously, Coach O stocked up the Dline and did his typical fine job of recruiting. Nutt seems to do ok with recruiting, and does an above-average job of extracting performance from whatever talent he has to work with. For the Rebels to finally build on success, and to sustain a multi-year "season of success", Nutt will need to rise-up as a recruiter.

What is the honest opinion of Rebel nation? Can Nutt do what has not been done in a long time by bringing in Alabama or LSU level of talent for 3-5 consective years, so that they can be a consistent contender, and to rise to top-5 level.
The performance of our team and the excitement of our offense will make his job easier at OM that in was in Arkghanistan. That's all you need to know until we know more about you....DUDE.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

SEC-DUDE wrote:Looks like an admirable start to recuiting season. A couple of strong 4 stars and many solid 3 stars on rivals. Obviously, Coach O stocked up the Dline and did his typical fine job of recruiting. Nutt seems to do ok with recruiting, and does an above-average job of extracting performance from whatever talent he has to work with. For the Rebels to finally build on success, and to sustain a multi-year "season of success", Nutt will need to rise-up as a recruiter.

Take a stroll through some of the older posts going back 6 mos to now. We have been inundated with Arky meat head trolls looking to vomit forth untold volumes of filth and vitriol based on an insane-jealous lover syndrome of galactic proportions. As Reb-b stated, we're giving you a short leash, don't hang yourself with it.

Oh, and welcome. We'll do just fine next year.
L. S. WHO?
03rebs

I think the following statement from Dude says it all, "Nutt seems to do ok with recruiting, and does an above-average job of extracting performance from whatever talent he has to work with."

Nutt has proven he can do more with less talent than most coaches. We'll be fine.
Forward Rebels!
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

rebelliousb wrote:

The performance of our team and the excitement of our offense will make his job easier at OM that in was in Arkghanistan. That's all you need to know until we know more about you....DUDE.
Don't forget having a fanbase that actually supports him and is happy with the job he is doing.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
SEC-DUDE
Water Boy
Water Boy

Fair enough. I expect Ole Miss fans to see the brightest side of Nutt, as they should.

I personally think he is on the very short list (top 3) of the best technical coaches in the SEC. The history of Ole Miss is not one that can point to stellar recruiting other than scattered successes along the path.

In order to put together a string of seasons that are title contending, which is what all SEC programs seek, he will need to do more than what he is doing in this current recruiting season.

Snead is a very special QB, as was Eli, which shows that Ole Miss can attract the type of Qb needed to catalyze a program. If Snead does really well ion 2009, he will probably be advised to opt for the NFL, as He is that good. Replacing him is a big issue, as He is a difference maker.

So...my question is very improtant. Yes, the recruiting databases make mistakes, so there are mis-judgements made and there are diamonds-in-the-rough that come in with 2 and 3 star ratings. But, on balance, the services are predominantly accurate (given the obvious exceptions to the rule that exist in recruiting, just as in all aspects of life). In addition, Nutt is as I expressed, a top-3 coach. But when Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Les Miles and Mark Richt are compiling consistent top-notch classes, and offer coaching capabilites similar to Nutt's, Ole Miss seems to be at a disadvantage in building a special program over a sustained period of time.
Last edited by SEC-DUDE on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

SEC-DUDE wrote:Fair enough. I expect Ole Miss fans to see the brightest side of Nutt, as they should.

I personally think he is on the very short list (top 3) of the best technical coaches in the SEC. The history of Ole Miss is not one that can point to stellar recruiting other than scattered successes along the path. In order to put together a string of seasons that are title contending, which is what all SEC programs seek, he will need to do more than what he is doing in this current season. Snead is a very special QB, as was Eli, which shows that Ole Miss can attract the type of Qb needed to catalyze a program. If Snead does really well ion 2009, he will probably be advised to opt for the NFL, as He is that good.

So...my question is very improtant. Yes, the recruiting databases make mistakes, so there are mis-judgements made and there are diamonds-in-the-rough. But, on balance, the services are predominantly accurate )given the obvious exceptions to the rule that exist in recruiting,. just as in all aspects of life). In addition, Nutt is as I expressed, a top-3 coach. But when Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Les Miles and Mark Richt are compiling consistent top-notch classes, and offer coaching capabilites similar to Nytt's, Ole Miss seems to be at a disadvantage in building a special program over a sustained period of time.
Thank you. (Yawn) Next.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

SEC-DUDE wrote:Fair enough. I expect Ole Miss fans to see the brightest side of Nutt, as they should.

I personally think he is on the very short list (top 3) of the best technical coaches in the SEC. The history of Ole Miss is not one that can point to stellar recruiting other than scattered successes along the path.

In order to put together a string of seasons that are title contending, which is what all SEC programs seek, he will need to do more than what he is doing in this current recruiting season.

Snead is a very special QB, as was Eli, which shows that Ole Miss can attract the type of Qb needed to catalyze a program. If Snead does really well ion 2009, he will probably be advised to opt for the NFL, as He is that good. Replacing him is a big issue, as He is a difference maker.

So...my question is very improtant. Yes, the recruiting databases make mistakes, so there are mis-judgements made and there are diamonds-in-the-rough that come in with 2 and 3 star ratings. But, on balance, the services are predominantly accurate (given the obvious exceptions to the rule that exist in recruiting, just as in all aspects of life). In addition, Nutt is as I expressed, a top-3 coach. But when Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Les Miles and Mark Richt are compiling consistent top-notch classes, and offer coaching capabilites similar to Nutt's, Ole Miss seems to be at a disadvantage in building a special program over a sustained period of time.
Your right, how stupid of Ole Miss to actually think we can win in the SEC. Our teams have never done that, oh wait we were just voted in the top 25 most pretegious schools by tradition by Espn. Oh wait we just beat the NC FL at FL. Oh wait, Ole Miss is a preseason top 10. I do not know what corner of the neck of the woods you come from, but you better get ready for a consistent slobber knocker coming at you year in and year out. And wait until Feb. 4th and come back and see us and we will show you how good a recruiter Nutt is by any standard.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

SEC-DUDE, I would reserve all of your thoughts and comments about this year's recruiting class until signing day.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
I_come_in_peace_from_AR
Water Boy
Water Boy

I recommend not asking questions about recruiting, it can be a headache.
I'm on here to snoop and get a feel for the West in years to come
shaqdaddy
Banned

Hey Dude Ole Miss is like Missouri was last year. and next year they will be like Missouri was this year. A BUST! Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!! IN order to WIN the SEC championship you have to have SEC Championship talent. Ole Miss has never had SEC championship Talent and never will. They don't care though they LOVE the cotton Bowl. And before any of you talk smack win an SEC championship first or better yet make it there.........
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

shaqdaddy wrote:Hey Dude Ole Miss is like Missouri was last year. and next year they will be like Missouri was this year. A BUST! Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!! IN order to WIN the SEC championship you have to have SEC Championship talent. Ole Miss has never had SEC championship Talent and never will. They don't care though they LOVE the cotton Bowl. And before any of you talk smack win an SEC championship first or better yet make it there.........
so if we don't have SEC champ talent, what does that say about your squad...31-13.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

shaqdaddy wrote:Hey Dude Ole Miss is like Missouri was last year. and next year they will be like Missouri was this year. A BUST! Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!! IN order to WIN the SEC championship you have to have SEC Championship talent. Ole Miss has never had SEC championship Talent and never will. They don't care though they LOVE the cotton Bowl. And before any of you talk smack win an SEC championship first or better yet make it there.........
Move it to the Trash Talk board or leave.
------------------

"Smack" talk? No.

Just not necessary.

I'll let THIS do all the talking for me:

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sasquatch wrote:
"Smack" talk? No.

Just not necessary.

I'll let THIS do all the talking for me:

Succinct.