How many think we will push for a National Title This year!!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelkid
Banned

I think we are going to win it.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Optimism is a wonderful thing. That having been said, I have zero expectations for a national championship.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

parrotreb wrote:Optimism is a wonderful thing. That having been said, I have zero expectations for a national championship.
I expect us to seriously challenge for the West. Anything after that is gravy.
Some Random Dude
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

rebelkid wrote:I think we are going to win it.
No. While it is possible, chances are we will not be in the hunt for an NC. Be content with competing for the West title and a trip to ATL. As you are a young Rebel fan, I should warn you that OM will tear out your soul, just be ready.
L. S. WHO?
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

oxpatchreb wrote:As you are a young Rebel fan, I should warn you that OM will tear out your soul, just be ready.
That's what I told a recent Rebel convert (not the beloved RC we have around here) the other day. He grew up in Tennessee and was a casual fan of the Vols. Now that he's lived in MS for several years and married into an OM family, he asked my permission to be a Rebel fan (which is hilarious to me!). I told him, "Just don't fall in love--they'll break your heart."
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

We already have a reputation for rediculous expectations. Let's not feed into it. The challengers for the NC next year will be Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, and USC. Anyone else will expecting a chance will have to go undefeated with a win over one of those 4 teams. So, do we have a chance; yes, but only because we have the opportunity to go undefeated and beat Florida.

Will it happen; no. We should expect to challenge for the SEC West. Winning the West would be historically significant, since it has never been accomplished (the 2003 shared title does not count).
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

lewindha wrote:
parrotreb wrote:Optimism is a wonderful thing. That having been said, I have zero expectations for a national championship.
I expect us to seriously challenge for the West. Anything after that is gravy.
Agreed.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
TNreb
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Negative Ghostwriter, the pattern is full.

I'm just hoping for Atlanta.
done

One step at a time....my goal is serious contention for the West...expect LSU and Bama to be the real deal, so that will be tough enough as it is.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

TNreb wrote:Negative Ghostwriter, the pattern is full.

I like that
Later,
Hagar
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I assume you mean for something more than the Peach Bowl?
cajunrebel

Let's set the goal of winning the SECWest and then go from there.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

cajunrebel wrote:Let's set the goal of winning the SECWest and then go from there.
I’m on that train.

Deadman
TNreb
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

parrotreb wrote:

I assume you mean for something more than the Peach Bowl?
You're correct. I'd like make it to Atlanta on 12/5/2009. Specifically, at the Georgia Dome.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Deadman wrote:
cajunrebel wrote:Let's set the goal of winning the SECWest and then go from there.
I’m on that train.
me too
Rule #1.......Don't panik