Bullpen Club

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

oxfordrebel
All American
All American

So...I went ahead and joined the Bullpen Club to see how it works out this year. So far, I have to say I'm impressed with the news on the new site. Blog, "exclusive" news (maybe? At least I know who the weekend rotation is going to be this weekend...), and some other cool things.

Anyway, anyone else giving it a try this year?
GO REBELS!!!
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I usually join just to get the Swayze Crazy shirt but I don't know if they are doing that this year. I haven't seen anyone on campus yet.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxfordrebel wrote:So...I went ahead and joined the Bullpen Club to see how it works out this year. So far, I have to say I'm impressed with the news on the new site. Blog, "exclusive" news (maybe? At least I know who the weekend rotation is going to be this weekend...), and some other cool things.

Yep, been pleasantly surprised myself. So far so good.
Randy
Heath
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:So...I went ahead and joined the Bullpen Club to see how it works out this year. So far, I have to say I'm impressed with the news on the new site. Blog, "exclusive" news (maybe? At least I know who the weekend rotation is going to be this weekend...), and some other cool things.

Let us know who will be on the hill when you get a chance. Especially on the weekends. Thanks.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Heath wrote:

Let us know who will be on the hill when you get a chance. Especially on the weekends. Thanks.
This weekend is quite unexpected. Not going to see the expected weekend rotation.

Tomorrow Jr. RHP Aaron Barrett will take the hill for the Rebels. He's a JUCO transfer from Wabash Valley CC. He had a 9-2 record with 1 save and a 2.90 ERA a year ago. Was drafted in the 20th round by the Twins last year. Struck out 85 in 70.1 innings of work. Not too shabby.

I don't see the other two days listed on the athletics website, so since the info is subscription info from Bullpen Club, check the LR...
GO REBELS!!!
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

oxfordrebel wrote:
Heath wrote:

This weekend is quite unexpected. Not going to see the expected weekend rotation.

Tomorrow Jr. RHP Aaron Barrett will take the hill for the Rebels. He's a JUCO transfer from Wabash Valley CC. He had a 9-2 record with 1 save and a 2.90 ERA a year ago. Was drafted in the 20th round by the Twins last year. Struck out 85 in 70.1 innings of work. Not too shabby.

I don't see the other two days listed on the athletics website, so since the info is subscription info from Bullpen Club, check the LR...
Corrigan is starting Saturday. Irwin Sunday

Also, since Fergie is suspended, Mort will start at SS and Button at 3rd.
Heath
All American
All American

So is Pom going to be a closer or a weekday starter? I had him pegged for at least a weekend starter.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Heath wrote:So is Pom going to be a closer or a weekday starter? I had him pegged for at least a weekend starter.
He will, once he's off his suspension....I had him pegged for Friday night.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

It's pretty much consensus that Pom will be the Friday night guy once he's off suspension.
GO REBELS!!!