Neat Stadium Expansion Info

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Baseball America did a little article on the Stadium Expansions/Renovations around the country and the coaches talked about it. Great pictures of Swayze and also the others around the country.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/co ... 67641.html
GO REBELS!!!
HottyCocky
Water Boy
Water Boy

Looks like Ole Miss has a new stadium to be proud of. We're very proud of the new stadium we opened up last week in Columbia. Should be a good series when the Cocks come to Oxford later this year.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

The renovations on the stadium are awesome. Did they make the field bigger at Columbia, or is it still the HR launching pad of the SEC?? :lol:

BTW, I love it when the Gamecocks come to town. They are an exceptional team and it's always a great series!!
GO REBELS!!!
HottyCocky
Water Boy
Water Boy

I think the field is pretty much the same size; the Sarge and the new Carolina Stadium are both 325 down the lines and 390 straight away. The new field may have a little more room in the alleys. It still looks to be a pretty short porch though. The difference this year may be that we don't have the true "power hitters" that we were used to the past few years. Last year we had 3 or 4 guys to hit over 20 home runs but this year I doubt we'll have any.

The series this year should be a good one. I'm disappointed in where we're ranked right now but I guess it's true that early rankings don't mean anything in college baseball. We have a lot of young guys this year, some JuCo but mostly freshmen and sophomores. I think as the year progresses we'll have a pretty good team.