'Problem' rumor blind-sides former Rebel Oher

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Former Ole Miss and Briarcrest Christian star offensive lineman Michael Oher has switched agents. He dumped Bus Cook, best known as Brett Favre's agent, in favor of Jimmy Sexton of Memphis, aka the official agent of Southeastern Conference football coaches.

Oher, who had been training in Dallas after signing with Cook, didn't have a great NFL combine in Indianapolis. That fact, combined with rumors being spread to various NFL general managers that Oher was a problem child, has dropped his stock.

Grizzlies TV analyst and former Ole Miss basketball star Sean Tuohy, who adopted Oher, can't believe NFL teams would buy into what's been said about Oher. "Here's a kid who has done everything right to turn his life around coming from the background he came from and they want to question his character?" Tuohy said.

Meanwhile, filming on Oher's life story, depicted in the book "The Blind Side," will start in Atlanta in April. It's already known that Sandra Bullock will portray Sean's wife Leigh Ann, since Bullock was in town a couple of weeks ago researching the role. So who will play Sean? "I don't think I'm a very visible character in the movie," Sean said. "(FedEx founder) Fred Smith (whose daughter Molly is the executive producer of the movie) said Pee Wee Herman would be a good choice for me.

"Actually, they are doing a nationwide search to cast Sean Jr. (Tuohy's son). He and Collins (Tuohy's daughter, an Ole Miss cheerleader and former high school state pole vault champ) are higher casting priorities than me."

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 ... ides-oher/
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Why film in Atlanta? Shouldn't they be filming in Oxford at some point? That would be awesome!
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

I am currently working on an ABC pilot here in Atlanta, but, as soon as I get a chance to talk to our union steward, I will make an immediate effort to get on that show.

Nothing would please me more than to work on a movie that involves Ole Miss!

However, to answer your question, about a year ago, Georgia passed a tax exemption incentive designed to bring television, music videos, and movies to the state. It is currently the best in the country. That distinction formerly belonged to Louisiana, who for the past 4-5 years have done aywhere from 25-30 productions per year. That business is now coming to GA, namely Atlanta.

In addition to that, the average movie goer would not know if the buildings depicted in the flick were indeed at Ole Miss or not. That said, the Clark-Atlanta/Morris Brown/Morehouse campus' are empty for the most part due to those schools being "belly-up". In addition to that , those schools shared the same campus, so, I would imagine the production company making the film will get a more than fair price for shooting at that location.

Still, most movies have multiple location sites, and they may very well do some shooting in Oxford.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

If a movie about anything to do with Ole Miss is not atleast partially filmed at Ole Miss, I won't see it. Mark my words.
We Are Ole Miss
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

mpzreb17 wrote:If a movie about anything to do with Ole Miss is not atleast partially filmed at Ole Miss, I won't see it. Mark my words.
That's cool, and your business. It happens all the time.

Example: "Big Fish"

Outstanding movie. A Tim Burton directed film.

The movie was done in Alabama, entirely. Close to the coast. The production/script cited Alabama, Burton insisted that the production be done within the state lines.

Anyway, at one point in the movie the main character (name escapes me at this time) moves from High School to College, he chooses to goto Auburn.

In the "Auburn" shots, those buildings were not at Auburn, but at a small Womens College in Dothan.

I say all that to say this:

All, ( and I have a few too many ) Auburn buddy grads, and they were happy that their school was attached to a high budget, "media-darling", type of product. My opinion may be dismissed here for the motive being personal gain, but, as a Rebel through and through, if Ole Miss and Micheal Oher are presented in a positive light, I would shell out the bones to hit the flick if the production company never sets foot in Oxford.

And I might getta sweet paycheck, too!
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

This is cool. Being a bit of a movie buff...no way I would miss this; even if they filmed it in Baton Rouge. Well....
BrettInAtlanta
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Looks like the actor that will play Michael Oher will be working out with the Georgia Tech football team starting today:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sport ... movie.html

Has anybody heard of Quenton Aaron?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." ~ Benjamin Franklin
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Same with the new version of "Heartbreak Kid" with Ben Stiller.

The whole family lives in Oxford, but it's all filmed in L.A.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
BrettInAtlanta
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." ~ Benjamin Franklin