Basketball interest

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

hottytoddyrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

OMNOB wrote:I love college basketball.

"It is awesome baaaabbbbbyyyy"

I am more than likely a minority here, but, I believe the Ole Miss basketball program will/can do so much more than the football program could ever do.

With the parity in college these days (and yeah, sorry, short-shorts wearing basketball purists), Ole Miss has a much better shot at making waves Nationally by way of the 'round ball' as opposed to the oblong ball. Akin to the Baseball success, I think.

AK is the real deal, buy into his system or not.

I think that as bright as the gridiron situation might be going into the upcoming season, the beacon that is Rebel Basketball shines that much brighter.

I like the new up-tempo style of play in today's game and look forward to Ole Miss having the talent to make it work.

This season is bonus time.
I think you're wrong.

Football is here to stay, we will take a permanent position atop the SEC west, sure we will have our down years (I could see the 2010 season being one of those) but I believe as long as we have this staff in place we will continue to succeed on the gridiron. This means no one 4 win seasons. This means going to a bowl game every year.
Edited to add that by this staff I don't necessarily mean with Huston Nutt at the helm... Look for coach Austin to one day take over the lead role here at Ole Miss
don't question my knowledge
done

OMNOB wrote: the beacon that is Rebel Basketball shines that much brighter.

I like the new up-tempo style of play in today's game and look forward to Ole Miss having the talent to make it work.

Basketball will never shine brighter than football in Oxford.

I don't mind up tempo, but what I do hate is undisciplined, defenseless, up tempo..which is what I have seen so far in the AK "system".
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I am more than likely a minority here, but, I believe the Ole Miss basketball program will/can do so much more than the football program could ever do.

With the parity in college these days (and yeah, sorry, short-shorts wearing basketball purists), Ole Miss has a much better shot at making waves Nationally by way of the 'round ball' as opposed to the oblong ball. Akin to the Baseball success, I think.

I think that as bright as the gridiron situation might be going into the upcoming season, the beacon that is Rebel Basketball shines that much brighter.

I agree.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:
OMNOB wrote: the beacon that is Rebel Basketball shines that much brighter.

Basketball will never shine brighter than football in Oxford.

I don't mind up tempo, but what I do hate is undisciplined, defenseless, up tempo..which is what I have seen so far in the AK "system".
No, you get me wrong, I understand that for all of us Football will always be King. However that does not at all mean that the Basketball team cannot eclipse the Football team in terms of National success.

Let's face it, putting together 6-8 solid and talented pcs, is just wayyyyy more simple to do than putting 50-60 solid and talented pcs together. Simple math, really.

As for your view on AK, we will have to simply agree to disagree. Noone is changing anyones mind on this subject.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I simply do not care about basketball. When we win it's great, when we lose it stinks, but it doesn't impact me like baseball and football do.

I'm like Chuck. The up-tempo style is AWESOME, but without defense you're not going to win very many. Sure, you'll win some you shouldn't but you're going to lose many that you shouldn't. It's for that reason AK basketball makes me want to rip my hair out when I watch it, so I don't.

I sure didn't care for Barnes basketball. AK ball is at least somewhat better, but Barnes made the Sweet 16 with Lockhart, so...
GO REBELS!!!
jay182009
Water Boy
Water Boy

really?how it his interest to play?what is that?there had a many fans but they could not do the best that they can..

Scout Team
Scout Team

I'm with you on this post. Don't get me wrong I am a football fan mostly but I think the basketball team will have more success overall. Look at next year for example, we have a team that's young with a lot of depth. Call me crazy but next years basketball team wins the SEC west and goes to the elite 8.
Now yes we could have a bang up year with football this year too and I hope we do. I just think it's a whole lot easier to recruit in basketball then football and AK knows how to recruit, we all know that. I was looking at rivals and you all may be surprised to see how many of the top 100 kids have the Rebels in the mix to come play for us. I look in the rivals top 100 for football and there are quite a lot more kids that want to play but not as near as many as the basketball program.
I don't know everything that's for sure but no matter what happened this year with basketball it was just unfortunate. Next year things will be much different. All I know for sure is that this year is going to be one heck of a yer for all of us rebel fans regarding basketball, football, and of course baseball. I gotta tell you all I am so proud of where we're heading.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”