Ole Miss vs LSU Game 3

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

oxfordrebel wrote:
ThunderReb wrote:We need to be ready to sweep Kentucky this weekend......
Don't worry about Arkie, the Hawgs haven't even hit the "killer" part of their schedule yet....they'll lose games....trust me on that.
We need to support our boys and hope Button gets the bat off his dam shoulder and finds the aggressive attitude he once had.......sorry, watching third strikes with men in scoring position is a peave of mine.
Anyway, Hotty Toddy!!!
Actually State handed Arky their first conference loss yesterday in a 12-4 upset in game 3, so they are now only 2 games ahead of LSU and 3 ahead of the Rebels. Rebs are in sole possession of 3rd in the West and a full game ahead of Auburn. 2 games ahead of Bama and State.

LSU is good, but not #2 good. Rebels should have walked away with the series win at the least and probably a sweep, but it didn't happen. I say that to say LSU is going to lose some more games in conference. If the Rebels take care of business and circle the final series in Fayetteville on their schedule, we could still be looking at winning the SEC West regular season. In the East Florida has a game on us and UGA has 2 games on us, so nothing's out of reach as far as an SEC regular season title given a little bit of help and a good series at UF and at home against UGA.
FWIW: I disagree. I think LSU might very well be #1 good.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
Hog_Corleone
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

oxfordrebel wrote:
Don't worry about Arkie, the Hawgs haven't even hit the "killer" part of their schedule yet....they'll lose games....trust me on that.
We need to support our boys and hope Button gets the bat off his dam shoulder and finds the aggressive attitude he once had.......sorry, watching third strikes with men in scoring position is a peave of mine.
Anyway, Hotty Toddy!!!
Actually State handed Arky their first conference loss yesterday in a 12-4 upset in game 3, so they are now only 2 games ahead of LSU and 3 ahead of the Rebels. Rebs are in sole possession of 3rd in the West and a full game ahead of Auburn. 2 games ahead of Bama and State.

LSU is good, but not #2 good. Rebels should have walked away with the series win at the least and probably a sweep, but it didn't happen. I say that to say LSU is going to lose some more games in conference. If the Rebels take care of business and circle the final series in Fayetteville on their schedule, we could still be looking at winning the SEC West regular season. In the East Florida has a game on us and UGA has 2 games on us, so nothing's out of reach as far as an SEC regular season title given a little bit of help and a good series at UF and at home against UGA.
Just an FYI, the weather in Fayetteville Friday and Saturday was horrible. Sunday was great. Friday's game was called after 5 innings, finished on Saturday, and then had to play a 7 inning double header on Sunday. As far as pitching goes, it was like playing 4 games over one weekend. To make it worse, State saved their ace Routt, for the second game on Sunday, and he pitched very well, while we did not. I really think they played the weekend for one win only. If it were a normal weekend, things may have been different, but such is college baseball, and I will take an 8-1 SEC start every year. Good luck, and the last series of the year should be a good one. I know your baseball facilities are good, but if you have not been to Baum in Fayetteville, I suggest you make the trip. It is a pretty good atmosphere, and the crowds are good as well.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

dgmcdowe wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote:
Anyway, Hotty Toddy!!!

FWIW: I disagree. I think LSU might very well be #1 good.
Their pitching is #1 (at least the starters for Saturday and Sunday were...), but their fielding is not #1 caliber and their closer Ott, well...I'm surprised he hasn't blown several saves this year. He came pretty close at blowing both Saturday and Sunday's games. Now, what we saw in hitting from LSU this past weekend was not their typical offense. Their offense has been explosive this season, they just ran into 3 buzz-saws in Pom, Irwin, and Bittle.

Overall, I just don't think they're #2 good. Top 10, yes, but not top 3. There are better teams around the nation than LSU.
GO REBELS!!!