Calipari to Kentucky

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

PER Red [solo] cup:
Calipari has just joined our conference.

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

While I do believe it is going to happen, it's not official yet.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

olemsdave76 wrote:While I do believe it is going to happen, it's not official yet.
The CA link report said Memphis was going to make him an offer that would make him the highest paid coach in college basketball.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

While money is a factor, Cal will go to Kentucky for the exposure. It will also be much easier for him to win there once he gets his recruits to Lexington.
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The report I saw said the contract was for 6 years and around $40 million. Ridiculous
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

olemissreb10 wrote:The report I saw said the contract was for 6 years and around $40 million. Ridiculous
For Kentucky fans, that's worth it.
fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I think for Cal it's the prestige, challenge, and power that Kentucky basketball offers. Secondly, I think it's the ridiculous $ that Kentucky can shell out for basketball.

I disagree that it will be easier to win per se. I think it will be much harder but I don't think he is incapable of a national championship, I just think it's a tougher road than what he had in Memphis. With the Conf America schedule he was pretty much guaranteed a 4 seed or better every year. That gives you a first rd bye pretty much. The weak schedule and conf tourney also gave his teams fresher legs than those who've been beaten up during the conf schedule and tournament.

If Patterson and Meeks are back and he brings a couple of his recruits with him then they will compete for the SEC crown no doubt but I think there will be a lot more marks in the L column then at Memphis.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

No news on this today so far.

Yesterday it was almost a done deal. Katz on Espn said a deal could be reached as soon as yesterday evening. Then Cal was gonna sleep on it. And now there's been no news at all today.

Is Kentucky gonna lose their man?
Some Random Dude
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

hes on his way to Lexington. As a UL fan I should be a little mad because I know UK will be relevant again but I love it. Pitino hates a few guys, the list includes Calipari Huggins and Crean. This rivalry is gonna be huge now, which means that will help both teams. Welcome Cal, Pitino cant wait to welcome you back.