Kentucky Game 1

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Heath
All American
All American

Wow! 8O Another last minute come-from-behind win for the Rebs. And is Jake Morgan awesome or what? 3 K's to close it out.

I have been really impressed with the way they have not given up when down late. These guys are tough. Hopefully they will keep it up.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

We are going to look back on this win in 3 years and wonder how we pulled it off. Remember the name Alex Meyer. He's going to be another David Price or Lance Lynn. He has amazing stuff and when he figures out how to control it and learns his way around an SEC mound...he'll be unstoppable. A true freshman starting on Friday night. He struck out 10 (career high), walked only 1 (pretty much a career best) and hit one batter while giving up just 5 hits and two runs. But the 5 hits and 2 runs are really not reflective of his time on the mound tonight. He absolutely dominated the Rebel hitters. We didn't even get a hit until the...3rd inning I think it was?

I don't want to loose what Irwin did because he was also so amazing on the mound. The Friday spot is a lot different than the Saturday spot. In a normal week Irwin would have gotten to see all (or most) of the hitters the night before and see what worked and what didn't work for Pom. Well, Pom comes down with the stomach bug and Irwin has to go on Friday. He doesn't get the benefit of seeing the UK batters in a game before he has to face them. Now he has to see what works and what doesn't and how accurate the scouting reports are. And he did a tremendous job. 8 solid innings and only one inning where things kinda got away from him. He was a pitch away from getting out of the 3rd with only 1 run given up too. Just a solid night.

When leading after the 3rd inning the Bat Cats are now 13-1 on the season. Great effort from all the guys to hit the UK bullpen hard and take the game. It's not often you see a starting pitcher strike out 10 batter and his team STILL lose the game. It says a lot about this Rebel team to once again find a way to pull a game out of the L column and put it in the W column. BTW, how about the 20th win of the season!!! Hopefully Pom is feeling better tomorrow and can take the mound. If not I'm sure Bittle will continue the work Irwin started tonight and let Pom finish it up on Sunday. Whatever, I can smell the sweep. Not getting ahead because anything can happen, but I just have this smell of road-kill kitty. :twisted:
GO REBELS!!!
Heath
All American
All American

I was just about to ask why Pom didn't start last night (or if anyone knew).
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

From what I hear, Bittle gets the nod today and hopefully Pom can take the mound tomorrow
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

What's game time today, guys?
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:What's game time today, guys?
4:00, I think