Kentucky 3

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Bittle has struck out 6 of the first 9 he has faced, and he has not walked anyone so far. Going into the bottom of the 3rd, Rebs lead 3-0.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

LSU has already beaten Georgia 7-5, and Arkansas is now leading South Carolina 7-4 in the bottom of the 8th with South Carolina batting. Looks like we will not gain on anyone ahead of us in the west assuming we hang on and sweep the series today. Oh, and Bittle has struck out one more in the 4th with two outs right now. Their stats are 0-0-0, so he has a no hitter going thus far.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Well, Bittle pitched a perfect game for the first 4 2/3 innings. Then he gave up a single and then hit a player, but the top of the 5th ended there. So, UK's stats thru the top of the 5th are 0-1-0. Ole Miss is at 3-6-1 (there was a dropped foul ball in the 2nd inning for the one error by Ole Miss, but Bittle then struck that guy out). By the way, Bittle has now struck out 9 of the 17 players he has faced.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Well, Hashman just homered with one on for Ole Miss, so the Rebs now lead 5-0 (5-8-1 are the stats for Ole Miss in the bottom of the 5th with one out).
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Thanks for the updates! lookin good....hate to see lsu and ark win and makin no gain on the west with a sweep if we can hang on, but it sure is better than falling behind!
HottyToddy'06
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Well, Bittle got 3 ground outs in the top of the 6th (so now 9 strikeouts out of the 20 he has faced so far). In the 6th, Bianco brings in both Basham and Evan Button. Basham promptly singles to lead off the bottom of the 6th. Smith then strikes out on a wild pitch, so Basham goes to 2nd. Button then walks with Basham going to 3rd on a wild pitch. Mort then singles scoring one run, followed by a ground out by Jordan. So, going into the 7th, UK is 0-1-0, and Ole Miss is 6-10-1.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Well, Scott Bittle has done a great job thru 6 1/2 innings. He did give up 2 singles in the top of the 7th, but he got out of trouble and struck out two more. He has now struck out 11 of the 25 batters he has faced today. UK is now 0-3-0 and we are 6-10-1 going into the bottom of the 7th.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Matt Snyder just homered. For a freshman, that guy is a real home run threat. I think that is either #3 or 4. It is now 7-0 Ole Miss with none out in the bottom of the 7th.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Matt Smith singled in another run to make it now 8-0 moving into the top of the 8th. It will be interesting to see if Bianco lets Bittle go a full nine.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rebs win 8-0 for a sweep of UK. Bittle finished by getting the sides out in the 8th and 9th innings and added two more strikeouts to his total. So, he finished by only facing 31 batters and struck out 13 of those. UK's stats were 0-3-0. Ole Miss finished at 8-13-1. Great series sweep at a good time for the Rebels. Ole Miss is now tied with LSU at 8-4 in conference play behind Arkansas at 10-2. Go Rebs!!
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Great to finally get a sweep. Bittle was sick on the mound. He had them confused all day. A complete game shut out, hard to ask for anything more.

Also good to see Matt Smith's bat getting hot again. I think he has 7 hits in his last 9 at bats.

Sounded like Snyder's homer was a bomb. Hashman with the other homer got it all started early. If we get this type pitching the rest of the year, we're gonna be tough to beat.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Now we just need to continue to develop our bullpen so we can go deep in post season play.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I know we had to figure this out on accidental circumstance, but i like Pom starting on Saturday...

Anyone else?
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

dgmcdowe wrote:I know we had to figure this out on accidental circumstance, but i like Pom starting on Saturday...

Anyone else?
to be quite honest, I think you could change up our rotation every weekend with these three starters and not miss a beat.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I love the rotation. I like Bittle on Sunday, but otherwise I like Pom or Irwin on either of the other two days. I think It's better for Irwin to watch a game before pitching, so I like the "normal" rotation of Pom/Irwin/Bittle.

What can you say about Bittle's performance out there yesterday? Just amazing. I was driving home from Arkansas listening to it and was just in awe. Retired 11 or 12 batter before giving up a hit.

We found out that Bittle is a great starter and Morgan is a shutdown closer. It's gonna be a good season the rest of the way out, guys!
GO REBELS!!!