Rebel Legend

Previous Topic | Next Topic | Back to Topics
dabeav

Sophomore
Post #828
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
How much blame should Cohen get? Reply
Did he leave the program in this bad of shape?

Posted on 4/5 8:19 PM | IP: Logged
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Huh?
Some Random Dude
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:Huh?
Posted on a KY board.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I'm lost. What does this mean?
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

So Kentucky fans are saying that Cohen left the cupboard bare when he left and Cohen is complaining that Polk left the cupboard bare at State. Interesting.
Cohen has resorted to throwing players under the bus in the media. From the C-L:
“We're trying to dodge our bullpen,” MSU coach John Cohen said. “... It’s personnel that just walks people. And there’s not much we can do about that. In the future, we will have pitchers who have a background of throwing stirkes. These guys do not, and it’s that simple.”
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

ReservoirReb wrote:So Kentucky fans are saying that Cohen left the cupboard bare when he left and Cohen is complaining that Polk left the cupboard bare at State. Interesting.
Cohen has resorted to throwing players under the bus in the media. From the C-L:
“We're trying to dodge our bullpen,” MSU coach John Cohen said. “... It’s personnel that just walks people. And there’s not much we can do about that. In the future, we will have pitchers who have a background of throwing stirkes. These guys do not, and it’s that simple.”
Pitiful! I listened to the AU-State game yesterday after ours wrapped up. Yeah, it must be extremely frustrating to see your bullpen WALK in three runs in a row, but you can't throw your students under the bus like this. Just sad, honestly.

Perhaps we're starting to see why Polk fought State so hard over the hiring of Cohen.

Whatever. Not our problem, and that can only help recruiting! 8)
GO REBELS!!!
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Here's the article. Brutal, shades of O.

"It's a good thing we have the best radio guy in the country," Cohen said. "Because at the very least, you get to listen to something of quality associated with Mississippi State baseball on the radio - because there's nothing of quality happening on the field there for a while."

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20 ... NTCAROUSEL[/b]
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

Is this supposed to motivate his team? I understand getting after them in the locker room, the practice field, etc. I just don't think you do this in the media. Just my opinion.
Grenada Reb
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Agreed, It sounds like O for sure! Need me some ball players....