Bittle named SEC pitcher of the week--also, Matt Snyder

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Congrats for an outstanding performance in his last two outings---he's been close to perfection. Here's a link: http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... EM_ID=2600

And about Matt Snyder, the home run he hit yesterday was his 7th of the year I read somewhere (I had commented that was his 3rd or 4th homer). He is doing a great job with that ole home run ball for a freshman. And he has a brother on the team too!!
Heath
All American
All American

I wonder if Snyder leads the SEC in HR's for Freshemen. I just don't feel like looking it up.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Colby May, Fr., of UGA has 9 HR's so far.

I believe Snyder is 2nd with 7.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Both the brothers got to start a game together this past week in one of the mid-week games...wanna say JSU. Anyway, they're both going to be impressive. Matt already is. Just hope he doesn't have a Sophomore slump next season.
GO REBELS!!!
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I wish Matt would learn how to not strikeout all of the time though
Last edited by olemissreb10 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

olemissreb10 wrote:I wish Matt would learn how to strikout all of the time though
He's hitting a .311 which puts him ahead of several hitters on the team. I guess I don't get your comment...
GO REBELS!!!
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

oxfordrebel wrote:
olemissreb10 wrote:I wish Matt would learn how to strikout all of the time though
He's hitting a .311 which puts him ahead of several hitters on the team. I guess I don't get your comment...
He strikes out 27% of his atbats. I would like to see it under 15%. Hopefully that comes with experience but all-in-all he's had a great year thus far
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

So you're wishing he would learn how to strike out all the time?????

I don't understand.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Redbluedude wrote:

I don't understand.
Suppose to say "I wish Matt would learn how to not strikeout all of the time though". My bad
Heath
All American
All American

olemissreb10 wrote:
Redbluedude wrote:

I don't understand.
Suppose to say "I wish Matt would learn how to not strikeout all of the time though". My bad
I am sure he will get better after experiencing more, and getting more acquainted with, college pitching. But, we are talking about a TRUE FRESHMAN playing in the nation's best or second best conference. So not too shabby.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

He hits a .311 which is a decent BA. Whether he's grounding out, flying out, or striking out it doesn't really matter. Well, with guys on it does (with sac opportunities), but overall his BA stays at .311. But I do agree, at least put the ball in play. However as long as he hits over .300 as a true freshman, I'm not gonna complain.
GO REBELS!!!
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I'm not complaining. But when I look at him play and examine his swing, he could be a Albert Pujols type of hitter who only strikes out 10% of the time. But for a frosh, he is performing pretty dang good and had another nice hit tonight
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Well deserved.....