nothing important

The what, where, and when around Oxford.

Moderator: Rebel Security

mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

google is picking this one up.
Last edited by mpzreb17 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We Are Ole Miss
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Me too.

I freakin' hate this issue, and I'm tired of the CAN/Ron Paul freaks owning the editorial page.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

man
Last edited by mpzreb17 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We Are Ole Miss
------------------

If those claiming to be alumni contributors want to give up their skyboxes, then so be it. I understand that their is a rather long waiting list of folks who would be more than happy to take their place.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sasquatch wrote:If those claiming to be alumni contributors want to give up their skyboxes, then so be it. I understand that their is a rather long waiting list of folks who would be more than happy to take their place.
Yeah, we don't need their money. Even though Florida, Georgia, and ... everybody else has bigger athletic budgets than us.

I'm sure I'm ignorant on this, but how does the student senate get to decide who the university does business with. If that's the case, shouldn't the alumni association get a say? It's our university, too.
Some Random Dude
------------------

lewindha wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:If those claiming to be alumni contributors want to give up their skyboxes, then so be it. I understand that their is a rather long waiting list of folks who would be more than happy to take their place.
I'm sure I'm ignorant on this, but how does the student senate get to decide who the university does business with. If that's the case, shouldn't the alumni association get a say? It's our university, too.
I think they have the misguided notion that what ASB does actually has relevance in the real world...and it doesn't.
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Sasquatch wrote:
lewindha wrote:
I think they have the misguided notion that what ASB does actually has relevance in the real world...and it doesn't.
The ASB is mostly kids trying to beef up their resume or convince themselves that they're more important than they actually are.
Don't try to teach a pig to sing. They'll call you silly names and get all bitter about head coach.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

The ASB is the biggest joke I have ever come across in my life.

So is the idea of a Palestinian state somehow being able to live side by side next to Israel.

But I'm being branded as a racist and "jewish supremacist" (how funny) for believing that.

WTF happened to this campus?
We Are Ole Miss
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

mpzreb17 wrote:The ASB is the biggest joke I have ever come across in my life.

So is the idea of a Palestinian state somehow being able to live side by side next to Israel.

But I'm being branded as a racist and "jewish supremacist" (how funny) for believing that.

WTF happened to this campus?
Nothing has happened to the campus. The loudest do not always have the majority. Remember that, no matter what situation you are in.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Sasquatch wrote:
lewindha wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA So true!

The ASB ticked me off while I was in school because they took the stance that if it didn't benefit the Greeks then they weren't going to consider it. There are tons of us non-Greeks who were part of the student population, but "our" ASB didn't recognize us. And it was pointless to try to vote in a non-Greek.

So most of us who did not participate in the Greek system also did not participate in ASB in any form, including vote in the elections.

BTW, that is not a blast on the Greek system at all as I think it can be a good thing. I don't think it's for everyone, but that's a discussion for another place and another time. It just ticked me off that the ASB didn't care for students outside the system.
GO REBELS!!!
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

As a non-greek, I would definitely say that it is the opposite now.

Artair even campaigned on more greek regulation.

-William Faulkner
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Brandon Irvine should never be taken seriously. The Dm hates when he writes about this crap.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

dgmcdowe wrote:As a non-greek, I would definitely say that it is the opposite now.

Artair even campaigned on more greek regulation.
Oh wow. You can see how much I've followed ASB. I work on campus and I didn't realize that.

I did get to sit in a meeting with Rebeca Bertrand (sp) back when she was president and I must say I was VERY impressed. She was very respectful to the decision makers and that allowed her to get some things done on campus.
GO REBELS!!!