Respect

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

hottytoddyrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Paul Finebaum, a columnist for The Mobile Press-Register and popular radio personality in the state, predicts Alabama to finish 11-1 next season. The only loss? To Ole Miss.
don't question my knowledge
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Like it - hope he is right on the loss to OM. wrong on all other.....ok too 8)
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

Wow! Respect from Finebaum? Hard to believe. He must be getting soft in his old age. I thought the only thing he hated worse than Auburn was Ole Miss.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Finebaum is going to say whatever he has to in order to be loved/hated by his readers. He doesn't care if he is loved or hated, as long as it's one or the other then people will read his article and talk about it which makes him successful. He's a flip-flopper who will root on Bama one week and Auburn the next. He also takes advantage of the fact that people, for the most part, have a short memory. For example, he wrote in his column how great lil' Shula was to start Shula's last season, then when he got fired Finebaum was talking about how he knew all along Shula was a crap coach.

I have no respect for Finebaum no matter what he writes, though I admit I do enjoy reading him for his column's comedic value.
GO REBELS!!!
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I wish that loss would be in Tuscaloosa - I'll take what we can get though!