Flash Rave.

The what, where, and when around Oxford.

Moderator: Rebel Security

mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

So, there was an insane mob of students in the JD Williams Library for about 20 minutes tonight taking a break from finals. I'd put the number at about 600. Essentially, the flash rave movement began at some university far far away. The purpose is to show up in a public place out of nowhere and dance like idiots for 10 minutes to techno music, then post the video on youtube.

As soon as it's on youtube, i'll link to it. Meanwhile, here's the one ours should be in "response to", at OSU:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIQKRN5UtU0

EDIT

Some facebook pictures.
http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=ole+mis ... 5&view=all
We Are Ole Miss
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Only 600 mpz? I'd say pushing, if not over, 1000.

I crowd surfed. It was a blast.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Impressive. Although I went to Derby so I got everyone beat. Im sure it was fun, but not Derby fun.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

dgmcdowe wrote:Only 600 mpz? I'd say pushing, if not over, 1000.

I crowd surfed. It was a blast.
eh, i put it between 6-750. i've seen a thousand people before, working as a bouncer. the turn out was about the same as phi delt's ivy league party, and we only had 800 wrist bands for the buses..and when we were out, no more got in.

however, the crowd grew sizeably based on the youtube video after i left..so maybe at one point it was pushing 4 digits.
We Are Ole Miss
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I figured they were exaggerating on the latest numbers (I've seen claims of 2,500)

but I dunno.

We went to the second floor and when you leaned over the edge you felt the heat blast into your face. It was a terrible smell, but really intense.

and in response to trey-It's only cool if you bet on Mine that Bird.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
------------------

Awww...you zany kids, with your raves, and your fancy hi-fi stereos, and your 8 track tapes, and your cordless phones!