Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

mascott
3rd String
3rd String

om win, nuf said
Heath
All American
All American

Yep. 8 IP's and only 1 ER, 10 K's. Great job.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Yep. And that 1 ER was actually given up by McKean after Pom left. But yeah, the runner did belong to Pom. Oh well. Pom pitched a gem. I was listening to folks in the crowd criticize Bianco at the start for pitching Pom tonight. Then about the 6th inning when it was only 4-0 and they started getting some good swings off Pom a little bit the tone was changing to "well, perhaps Bianco made a good decision".

After what I saw in the first game with Mizzou, I'm not gonna say a word about starting the ace against an inferior opponent in the first round. Anyone can beat you and you don't want to fall into the loser's bracket.

The Hawk's pitching falls off after their ace who pitched tonight. Missouri's going to eat Monmouth alive tomorrow afternoon...
GO REBELS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

From post-game interview. Monmouth starting pitcher Brett Brach talking about pitching to Jordan Henry:

“He’s just a tough out. He’s the toughest out I have ever faced. He just gets a piece of everything, and he’s a scrappy hitter. He’s just good.”

I know I'm gonna get the comment "but think about the competition Brach has faced in the Northeastern Conference, of COURSE Jordan is the toughest out", but still beside that. I found this a really neat comment because think about it. Jordan was a solid hitter as a Freshman. Then as a Sophomore he really fell off and even lost his starting job because he was not consistent at the plate. And then as a Junior he bounced back. Why? It's all about the walks and his speed on the base path. First off, because he's such a great base stealer, he gets in pitchers' heads. You can literally see pitchers change their style when he comes to the plate. They take one of two approaches with him. They either go right after him to strike him out, but instead he gets a hit. Or else they're too careful with him and put him on via the walk. Either way, all it takes is for him to get on 1st and he's at 2nd before you know it. He's just such a great hitter. I'm afraid this will be his last year. I'm afraid this will be the last year for several of our players, including some Jrs.
GO REBELS!!!
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

oxfordrebel wrote:From post-game interview. Monmouth starting pitcher Brett Brach talking about pitching to Jordan Henry:

“He’s just a tough out. He’s the toughest out I have ever faced. He just gets a piece of everything, and he’s a scrappy hitter. He’s just good.”

I know I'm gonna get the comment "but think about the competition Brach has faced in the Northeastern Conference, of COURSE Jordan is the toughest out", but still beside that. I found this a really neat comment because think about it. Jordan was a solid hitter as a Freshman. Then as a Sophomore he really fell off and even lost his starting job because he was not consistent at the plate. And then as a Junior he bounced back. Why? It's all about the walks and his speed on the base path. First off, because he's such a great base stealer, he gets in pitchers' heads. You can literally see pitchers change their style when he comes to the plate. They take one of two approaches with him. They either go right after him to strike him out, but instead he gets a hit. Or else they're too careful with him and put him on via the walk. Either way, all it takes is for him to get on 1st and he's at 2nd before you know it. He's just such a great hitter. I'm afraid this will be his last year. I'm afraid this will be the last year for several of our players, including some Jrs.
yeah, we are gonna lose some quality players, but OM baseball has become a machine: we don't rebuild, we reload,. Jordan will be tough to replace, however.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
tlsu
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Definitely a rock solid outing by Pom. Good to see these guys picking up slack without Bittle around.