Like I said...........

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Does anyone know the story on Chad Cregar? He is from Oxford and seems like one of the best hitters on the Hilltoppers team. (1) Did he want to come to Ole Miss, and we just didn't have room, (2) were the scholarships all gone before we found out about him or (3) did he just prefer to go out of state for some other reason?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

RichmondVAReb wrote:Does anyone know the story on Chad Cregar? He is from Oxford and seems like one of the best hitters on the Hilltoppers team. (1) Did he want to come to Ole Miss, and we just didn't have room, (2) were the scholarships all gone before we found out about him or (3) did he just prefer to go out of state for some other reason?
He did a stint at Northwest before going to WKU. The story I heard yesterday (totally unconfirmed/rumor) is that some of the kids from his class at Oxford (don't remember the names) soured Bianco during the recruiting process and so he let most of them go. Discipline issues is what was told to me. Not sure about that, but that's rumor for ya. Plus, Cregar really stepped up after he got to WKU, not as much at NWCC.
GO REBELS!!!