Alonzo Lawrence is coming to Ole Miss

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Alonzo Lawrence is transferring to Ole Miss from Bama and will have to sit out a year but will then have 3 to play 3. Strictly a rumor as of now.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Chucky_38
All American
All American

What position does he play? I can't believe Saban would let a player leave Bama and transfer to a division rival.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote:What position does he play? I can't believe Saban would let a player leave Bama and transfer to a division rival.
Maybe Lawrence taped the recruiting conversations.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

He was released to all but SEC West schools.

Likes OM, but can't go on scholarship this year. He would have to pay his own way with traditional financial aid.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

parrotreb wrote:He was released to all but SEC West schools.

Likes OM, but can't go on scholarship this year. He would have to pay his own way with traditional financial aid.
So he is going to do that?
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Chucky_38 wrote:
parrotreb wrote:He was released to all but SEC West schools.

So he is going to do that?
Have heard that he is willing, but have seen nothing official
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

Has something changed? I heard he was transferring to USM. Due to some family issues he wanted to be closer to home. Isn't he from George County?
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an
intolerable one." - Thomas Paine
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Looking at Ole Miss first and checking into Pell Grant money to see how much he can get to take care of one year of school before his scholarship would come into play. Checking today on that I believe.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

ReservoirReb wrote:Has something changed? I heard he was transferring to USM. Due to some family issues he wanted to be closer to home. Isn't he from George County?
according to Rivals, he wants to come to Ole Miss (his own words), but the scholarship issue is being discussed. As for the family issue, I have no idea; I had heard it was depth chart issues, not because of ability, but trouble nailing down zone schemes; we primarily play man coverage, which Zo excels at (this has been admitted even by those loyal to the Tide).
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Several posters on the internet have said that Bama has 90 players on the team and there is an 85 limit. Thus, 5 players will be leaving the team. I hope he will come here, but he will have to pay his own way the first year (SEC west schools were excluded from the release apparently, so he could go to USM and not have to wait if I understood what was being said). He wants to come to Ole Miss though, so they will see if he can get financial aid to cover this year. Hope it all works out.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

RichmondVAReb wrote:Several posters on the internet have said that Bama has 90 players on the team and there is an 85 limit. Thus, 5 players will be leaving the team. I hope he will come here, but he will have to pay his own way the first year (SEC west schools were excluded from the release apparently, so he could go to USM and not have to wait if I understood what was being said). He wants to come to Ole Miss though, so they will see if he can get financial aid to cover this year. Hope it all works out.
A limit of 85 on scholarship players, not players in general.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.