Clarion Ledger is getting ready to judge.

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

AK's trial is on the 20th, but it looks like the CL wants a decision about his job now--regardless of the outcome. Read to article and you will see questions regarding AK's future even before the first person is sworn in.

What do you guys think will happen?

http://clarionledger.com/article/200904 ... /904050346
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Pretty fair article. I didn't read the article as unfairly portraying anything about the situation.

As for the criminal charges, there is no guarantee that the trial will go forward on whatever dates on which it is set. Any plea likely won't happen until the date of trial.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Hmm, you must be reading the wrong article. Go to the link and reread,

And as the trial approaches, one major question has yet to be answered by Ole Miss administrators: If Kennedy is found guilty, does he keep his job?

Why should this be asked now? Is this not a bridge we cross when and if we get to it? Like Boone said, why speculate now? Sounds like a ploy to get papers sold because of a declining economy. Or to show the advitisers how many hits the website can get.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

wildthang80 wrote:Hmm, you must be reading the wrong article. Go to the link and reread,

And as the trial approaches, one major question has yet to be answered by Ole Miss administrators: If Kennedy is found guilty, does he keep his job?

Why should this be asked now? Is this not a bridge we cross when and if we get to it? Like Boone said, why speculate now? Sounds like a ploy to get papers sold because of a declining economy. Or to show the advitisers how many hits the website can get.
I read the correct article and my reading comprehension is quite good, notwithstanding your suggestion otherwise. The conviction-job question hangs above Kennedy's head each and every day. It's a fair question that most Ole Miss fans have addressed. Nothing untruthful in the article.

By the way, the last time I checked, newspapers are in the business of selling newspapers and advertising, not pandering to any university's fans.

Have a nice day.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I read the correct article and my reading comprehension is quite good, notwithstanding your suggestion otherwise. The conviction-job question hangs above Kennedy's head each and every day. It's a fair question that most Ole Miss fans have addressed. Nothing untruthful in the article.

By the way, the last time I checked, newspapers are in the business of selling newspapers and advertising, not pandering to any university's fans.

Have a nice day.[/quote]

Pandering-Procuring or pandering is the facilitation or provision of a prostitute in the arrangement of a sex act with a customer.

Now that would be something! :lol:
I might even renew my subscription.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Settled in a plea-bargain. Good for Kennedy, school and Cinn. CL has no real story now.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

AK keeps his job, and new recruits (and Warren and Polynice) are on the way.

HOTTY TODDY!
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Kennedy is within the a trio of good coaches we have at Ole Miss. If the afore mentioned is but a "snafoo" for the program, then, so be it.

I do not know about the rest of you, but I have enjoyed and mis-handled ,a good night of debachery as much as the next guy. Which is a forgivable excuse.

Basketball is a point of contention, for a University "on the rise'.

Let AK rock on. We are unlikely to get better without him.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
done

OMNOB wrote:Kennedy is within the a trio of good coaches we have at Ole Miss. If the afore mentioned is but a "snafoo" for the program, then, so be it.

I do not know about the rest of you, but I have enjoyed and mis-handled ,a good night of debachery as much as the next guy. Which is a forgivable excuse.

Basketball is a point of contention, for a University "on the rise'.

Let AK rock on. We are unlikely to get better without him.
Of the three coaches, he is the one I am not sold on yet. No discipline on the court and this incident, settled or not, would seem to indicate a possibility of the same off the court. He is a leader of young men and therefore must be held to a higher standard. Hope he keeps his nose clean and hope his team shows a little more maturity, discipline and structure on the court. But, as we have discussed before, college basketball as a whole is in a downward spiral. The quality of play has taken a real hit over the last five to ten years. I just wish these one and done-ers could leave the college game alone so we could get back to seeing some actual team play in college.

But, we can discuss this after bowl games are complete. Right now, it is football season.!!!!!!!